Reborn for Bestie!

I am thinking about making a reborn for my best friend for her birthday or Christmas. She was never that into them but this time when she came over, she was holding them and saying how cute they were. Then I mentioned she should get on for her anxiety (bad anxiety) and she said that she would but she can’t imagine spending that much on a doll. I will be starting to make them soon so I was thinking maybe I could make her one of the kits I know she likes for Christmas or her birthday in March. What do you guys think? Is it a good idea?

4 Likes

If you can afford it and think she will like it then yes, it would be an awesome gift. I’ve given away a lot of dolls to family and a friend but it isn’t financially the best idea if you’re really short on money.

2 Likes

I have a job and I think I make enough to cover it. I would be making them more as a hobbies than a business anyway. I’m just worried that she will change her mind because she used to not like them that much.

2 Likes

Yeah, I might wait a bit closer to Christmas before you decide. I’d ask her if she’s sure she wants one. Even if she doesn’t cuddle or play with it, it’s sometimes nice to have them just be on display. I’d also send it with a fairly simple layette, maybe a sleeper and 1 outfit with a toy and a blanket. Pacifier and bottle too if you want but I wouldn’t go overboard with lots of stuff. People like to shop for their own babies usually.

4 Likes

Thanks guys! I think I will ask closer to Christmas to make sure she still wants one and also to see if I am okay at reborning.

1 Like

That sounds like a wonderful idea! I wish my best friend was into the reborns as well. I did reborns for Christmas the past two years (for my mom and then kids I babysit) and they were a huge hit! If you don’t want to spend a ton you could always do a cuddle baby. I have one and he is literally the best for anxiety because he is so cuddly! Does she have a favorite kit? If she likes yours a lot you should go for it!

2 Likes

She gave me a list. I showed her the gallery page.

Megan (out of stock)
Liam
Joey
Frankie (out of stock)
Anna

If I do this, I will probably do Liam cause I really like the kit.

2 Likes

I think it’s awesome. You might want to include a little not inside the card that says “I thought this might be a comfort, if it doesn’t feel right feel free to donate the baby to a memory home or to a special someone”

I know a lot of people who get really nice art gifts feel obligated and feel bad that they don’t appreciate the gift as much as the sentiment.

I think she will love it, but just in case…

These babies are such generous gifts and you are such a good friend.

6 Likes

Good idea! Thanks!

1 Like

Great idea! She will love and cherish it just because you made it for her!

My first 2 reborns I made were gifts for my granddaughters for Christmas last year, thats how I started reborning

1 Like

I think that you should make her a very small one like a nod or Caleb that she can easily keep on. Her dresser or purse. I really want a purse baby!

1 Like

Purse babies are the best! Can’t wait to see who you pick. @katieperry :slightly_smiling_face:

Just a little tip that is my ‘opinion’ only. Purse sized reborns are cute but the smaller the baby the harder it is to work on. Just something to keep in mind. A lot of newer reborners think that a smaller doll would be easier to work on, NOT from my experience. Detail work is much harder due to the tiny size. JMO.

3 Likes

They are a little harder but so much fun, lol! Caleb was a dream, not a pro yet. I used my magnifying lamp, but always do.