Reborn Caleb (First time painting hair)

The rain finally let up and I was able to get outside and take some pictures of Caleb. I took a 3 year break from reborning but decided I wanted to get back into it and give painted hair a go. This is the 5th reborn I’ve done.

(Also hi, I’m Jas. I’ve been lurking on the forum for a long time so I figured it was time to make an account :blush: )

I’m happy with the hair for a first attempt, and now I know how to do better next time. :smile:

21 Likes

I think his hair looks brilliant. Welcome to the forum.

3 Likes

Absolutely beautiful!! Welcome! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you!

So cute! I got this kit for my daughter for her 10th birthday. She wants to paint him herself. He really is a cutie. I may get another one.

1 Like

I agree! I’ve been looking at the kit for ages and finally just broke down and got it.

hes a cutie!

1 Like

Welcome! The hair looks lovely, he’s very cute.

1 Like

Welcome to the Forum, I love Caleb!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! That hair looks amazing and your translucent painting style is awesome! You did a great job on Caleb. Can’t wait to see more!

1 Like

I would have never guest that was a 1st time hair painting, it’s looks really good. Caleb is one of my favorite preemie kits and you did an amazing job brining him to life.

1 Like

Thanks so much for all the nice comments everyone! :blush:

1 Like

Welcome! Great job on the painted hair. It looks great! You will learn that each color demands a different touch and technique! I think it is because the ratio of paint to thinner is different for each color.

1 Like