Rack burn

leahs head topped out of the tray… Is this fixable? Geez oh

Pete’s.:weary:

Where it is, is very unforgiving. Too low to cover with hair. I am seriously trying not to start bawling!!! I always make it til just about the end:-( just like poor Savannah! I have a bunch of bodies with no heads​:confounded::confounded::confounded::confounded:. Can I make a weird cut or scar or something??? I hate to swear but…, ■■■■

3 Likes

I don’t know how to fix the burn, but do you have the head propped or cradled in the oven. Someone showed me this and I use this rolled up wash cloth every time.

3 Likes

Oh my god, thank you for that. I will never go without that again.

Sorry that happen. I think I put my Leelou to close to the tray and melted her toe.

But I thought I saw somewhere on the forum where you can sand melts or something.

1 Like

Yep. I got that little tip when Meg’s neck collapsed and was kind of permanently tilted until I got her neck ring and plug in. It keeps them from toppling or even rolling in the oven.

I also put a hand on the head as it goes into and out of the oven. And yes, it’s hot, but not hot enough to burn me.

1 Like

Oh noooooo!!! :cry: I’m curious if it can be lightly sanded. I’m sure someone will know.

1 Like

There is one person I KNOW. Can fix this@jeanhai. If I do that does a magic Jeanie appear??? Lol I sure hope so. I’m shipping Leah’s head of with Savannahs , with fingers crossed. If it can’t be fixed, Ill pretend my husband is the headless horseman.

2 Likes

Calling @jeanhai!

1 Like

How am I doing the summons wrong Amy?? Lol

There was no space after the word before her name so it didn’t set it up right…it wasn’t clickable. When you type the @, a box should pop up and as you keep typing the name you’ll see the one you want and then press the “enter” key. @nikkiroc In the preview box you’ll see the name is highlighted. If it isn’t highlighted, then it won’t work right.

2 Likes

Your a genius❤️

1 Like

I wish. :slight_smile:

I use a wood rack to bake dunno if that will help anyone, just a suggestion, no need to turn , I just put some soft cloth in limbs and head to keep pegs from touching vinyl, and leave them (cloths) in until finished all the baking.

Here you go Nikki:

http://discourse.bountifulbaby.com/t/vinyl-repair-experiment-works/13061/4

By the way, a rounded sanding bit on a manicure set sands vinyl pretty well. I repaired scrapes/dents from a mishap with a drill under a baby’s nose with one.

If none of this works, I suggest picking a hat you absolutely love and gluing that on the baby’s head.

2 Likes

Oh wow! I always bake on a flat cookie sheet type pan loaded with polyfil. So far so good. I am always careful to be sure no parts touch the side of the pan. I hope you are able to fix your baby

1 Like

Thank you, it’s just in a bad spot. Can’t cover with rooting.

I would make a scar or scratch with it

I melted this one above eyebrow and still completed and she did find a home

2 Likes

Made it look like a big bruise

1 Like