Question about 'seconds'

Hi, I have never ordered seconds, and I have read the description of what they are, but I’m wondering if anyone has got seconds pieces that were really bad… or what they are really like… are they really okay and you can make a nice baby out of them? Thanks!!
~Katie

Thank you so much, I am going to try some out!

I word of caution: While some “seconds” work just fine, some have splits and thin vinyl, and when you bake them they break open. I only bought a few test heads, and mine were fine, but buyer beware when you want to make a doll to sell or gift to someone.

ohh i see… so i guess its one of those luck-of-the-draw sort of things… good to know- thank you. i had a sofie in my cart and now shes gone she sold out! so i was looking at seconds

— Begin quote from “ellenroberts”

…I only bought a few test heads, and mine were fine, but buyer beware when you want to make a doll to sell or gift to someone…

— End quote

Look at

Bountiful Baby
Look at the category chooser. The subcategories are:

[list]First Quality
Second Quality
Test parts (3rd Quality)[/list:u:2yagtwhk]

So, test heads are 3rd quality, and thus are not recommended for a doll to sell or gift to someone. That is different from a “Second Quality” part.

For our latest toddlers Tessa, Tibby, Stinker and Taylor, we are not (yet) breaking apart the kit for individual parts (nor do I know if we ever will, but it seems likely at some point). Thus, there might be a “seconds” defect on an arm or leg that makes us list the entire kit as a “second”, when the rest of the parts of that kit are actually first quality. So if you buy a second quality toddler kit, most of the parts are probably actually going to be first quality. We are doing this instead of splitting the individual parts, and (so far) only selling “seconds” as all of the parts.

We’ve not done this before. Err, wait, I guess yes we have. I think we did this on Blinkin and Nod, too.

Bountiful Baby

Good to know, BB!

Thank you for the reply BB!