Question about Macphersons skin texture

I recently got a little pot of the reborn fx skin texture.
I looked at the tutorial on macphersons but it didnt really say how to use the medium, just the sponges.
So I have a few questions for people that have used it.

1. Is it air dry? Or do I need to bake my kit after applying the medium!I painted the kit with air dry paints.
  2. Do i have to use the skin texture sponges ? I haven’t ordered them yet, but will if I need to.
  3. Are there any tutorials on youtube that show how to use the skin texture medium specifically? I looked but didnt find one.
    Thank you!
1 Like

It’s airdry. I have used it a few time, mixed with a bit of medium or water because it’s really thick. I just pounce it like I do with varnish.

2 Likes

I’ve used it several times, it’s air dry and you just pounce it on. I don’t dilute at all, but the jar I have is pretty thin, like hand lotion, I know other people’s jars are very thick and need to be diluted. It leaves a great texture but it’s very shiny, I usually over texture when I use it because when you use matte varnish over it you lose a lot of the texture.
IMG_20220516_124509_975

1 Like

Mine come out very matte. Maybe it’s because of the texture difference ?

1 Like

I wish I had your batch!! I hate having to matte over, it ruins the perfect texture. It’s so frustrating though, product consistency lately!

1 Like

So i dont need to use the skin stamp sponges?
Just pounce over it with my regular sponges?

You can totally use the stamp, but not all over maybe, just like on knees, elbows, palms…

1 Like

You don’t need them, I just use a torn cosmetic wedge, sometimes a more porous blotting sponge and years ago I cut my own texture stamp with a really really firm wedge, but honestly I prefer just the torn wedge.

2 Likes

Thanks so much.

1 Like