Question about Limited Edition kits

Hi, ladies! As the title suggests, I have an inquiry about limited edition, or LE) kits.

An artist I follow on Facebook posted a pic of a doll with the caption stating that this was the sold out limited edition Abigail sculpt by Laura Tuzio Ross. Abigail is in my top ten so this elicited minor panic. However, the kit still appears to be available on MacPhersons. Was there a limited and unlimited version of Abigail? Because if she is in fact limited I need to buy her ASAP.

1 Like

Sometimes artists say limited edition, but won’t decide how many will be made until a later date. It just lets you know they won’t be available forever and they will eventually close the edition. People can list it as “sold out” bc they are currently “sold out” of the current stock. Some kits will let you know the number in the edition from the beginning. That’s the way I understand it anyway.

1 Like

She is SOLD OUT & LE. I actually spoke with Laura Tuzio Ross. The ones Macpherson’s has is from unpaid invoices, preorders, and layaways. I reached out to them yesterday because it just said “put me on wait list” and I really needed her & they released the remaining ones they have.

2 Likes

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Okay, I will have to figure something out.

She is showing as able to put in my cart on MacPherson’s now.

1 Like

They said they had a few remaining.

3 Likes

This is good to know. I guess I better hurry up and get one if I ever plan to do her. I didn’t realize she was sold out already. :grimacing:

2 Likes

I know! I LOVE her kit but never got one yet :frowning:

2 Likes

Oh boy, I better figure out a way to buy her kit. I have like zero monies but I love her so much. Eek!

1 Like

I’m really glad I got her :slight_smile: She is a beautiful baby but when Angela did her’s as an AA boy I knew I had to have her. That version is my favorite!

2 Likes

Abigail is a LE of 1000. I have #57 on my COA and it does say LE of 1000.

3 Likes

She probably sold out so quickly due to that huge sale Laura had.

3 Likes

I wish I had known about that huge sale. There are so many of her kits that I want. :tired_face:

2 Likes

I broke down and put an Abigail on layaway. I probably won’t paint her for a while. But I hate the idea of missing out on her. I’ve wanted that kit from the first time I saw it. :grimacing:

1 Like

When you all order from MacPherson’s do you get a body?

Sometimes I order the body too. Sometimes I don’t. It usually depend on if I can get a comparable body at BB for less money.

I’m thinking I’m going to have to do the same. She was my top choice before I saw a Lillian that I just fell head over heels for. I would never forgive myself if I let her get away. How does layaway @MacPhersonCrafts work?

3 Likes

OMG. I’m so excited - I just ordered an Abigail and 2 pre-ordered Yael! I love that little Yael!

2 Likes

Yes we just opened Abigail back up yesterday as we were sold out but we got more
:slight_smile:hugs B XOXOXOX

3 Likes

It’s easy. At checkout under the payment options there’s an option to pick layaway. Click it. Then they will invoice you right away for the first payment. They are divided into 3 equal payments…all due a month apart. You can pay ahead of time each month if you want.