Question about Golden Heavy Body paints

I’m very helpful.

3 Likes

Indeed you are. :grin:

4 Likes

I’m also really smart with colors.

2 Likes

Yep. And people need to pay attention to what others say. Sometimes we can be color blind from looking at our own work. But if someone on the other end of the screen says your baby looks orange or red or green…that’s a sure sign that you need to look again at your work. And if the color looks normal to your eye you need to figure out what’s going on with the camera. I appreciate when others tell me what they are seeing on their screen.

4 Likes

I have golden paints that I brought when I was following Melissa George on patron. I used them once n the kit was 2 red. I also have ultimate fusion paints. I did test a couple layers on a head. I’m gonna try them again. I really would like to switch to air dry one day. Thanks for sharing your method @eversunny. I’m gonna try it one of these days.

2 Likes

I’ve never used anything but air dry! I’m happy to share! I can’t be around the fumes from genesis or the thinners, so I’m always glad to offer help with air dry!

1 Like

I used a modified MG tutorial, but with genesis. I also generally avoid yellows and tread VERY lightly with sap green. I only had to make that mistake once - it took forever to neutralize what I could not remove and baby still looked like it had been peed on. The only place I use yellow is a faint “glow” on a particular spot in the ear.

3 Likes

I had much better luck with RebornFX than I have with golden fluid so far

1 Like

I use mainly Golden fluid. I used to use Liquitex soft body…the soft and hard body paints are harder to mix and you end up with a lot of waste, imo.
I use Ultimate Fusion for hair and I have a couple bottles of RebornFX and BabyFX that I use. I also use powders…Panpastels and Coastal Scents.

3 Likes

So if you avoid yellows, then you do not do primary method? Or you just don’t do a straight yellow, rather the ochre or something?

1 Like

I do GHSP and I do not do primary method. It takes way too long. I like to see results fast.