Question about Berenguers

For all you ladies who have done those adorable K-Mart Berenguers, how do you root those hard little heads? I looked at some at Wal-Mart yesterday. They do have a good selection for christmas, but oh my those heads are so hard. I’m tempted to buy one but I’m not so sure about rooting one.

Yes please do post pictures! Because I was actually thinking that if I get one I just might paint hair rather than mess with heating the head and all. I bet he is cute!

heat them up with a rice sock and they get soft. I also use an extra strong rooting needle on them and with it you don’t have to heat the head.

DeAnnaB she is cute! No wonder she sold at your doll show. I love your siggy baby too. I did my Aubrey with red hair and green eyes too.

Susan Boyle??? No way! Here is a pic of my red haired Aubrey.

1 Like

My first babies I made were Berenguers and I find the hair holds better in the harder heads. The rice sock works great.

— Begin quote from ____

What are these extra strong needles that don’t seem to break??

— End quote

40g extra strong rooting needles. I used to buy them off Ebay from Humptysgal but she hasn’t listed there in a long time. I found her on DollFan, ID Rosiekins. She still sells them privately to members.

I wonder what makes them stronger? I tend to break or bend needles even on the soft vinyl. So I know I would break them on a berenguer.