Purple spots on shipped baby, help please

Hi ladies, I’ve never posted before, but I visit and read almost daily. Your advice and tutorials have been invaluable. I hope you can help with this. I sent a baby to Sweden, beautiful Kameko. This is my first shipment out of the country. When the lady unwrapped her (bubble wrap) she had purple spots on her toe and foot. The customer said the box was not ruined in anyway, nothing was wet, etc. I have absolutely know idea what this is! And I feel awful. I am posting a picture of the baby’s feet before the shipping, and after. Has this happened to anyone before??
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-fPbF4X2tKUE/UEKdjADrEsI/AAAAAAAAB_w/IKJZKBP76E8/s720/IMG_1998.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-BmJq9g0VSPQ/UEKdvO4b3qI/AAAAAAAAB_4/XN2EHRh6lGU/s512/photo.JPG

Incidentally, I will need two Kameko or similar legs to replace these if anyone has any.

Thanks,
Amy Bustin
PocketfulofToesies

Haven’t shipped overseas, but is it possible she was opened in customs & maybe this is some kind of ink?

I have had 2 kits that have arrived with basically the same marks. One was the purple blue like your’s the other was green. I have NO idea what it was. But, OXY 10 or the house brand equivalent did take them out. The blue took two times the green only once.

I thought that perhaps the bubble wrap could have had a mark that no one saw and it just transferred to the doll pieces but don’t really know. The thing that is really odd is that they all seem to be the size of a felt marker tip. ??? Who knows??? The reborn imps are at play I guess.

Good luck in working with your customer. I am so sorr this happened to you, and I am now going to make sure that I have picutres of every square inch of the babies as they are packed!

hugs
Joy

Maybe it would be a good idea to wrap the individual vinyl limbs with clear plastic, like they do with porcelain dolls, just in case it is from being opened & handled through customs. The limb would be visible, but not handled - it would also protect ink transfer from inside the box, if that was the case. Just a thought.

Thanks ladies! I will tell her!

Amy

— Begin quote from “pocketfuloftoesies”

Thanks ladies! I will tell her!

Amy

— End quote

Please keep us posted on whether or not this works… I would hate for you to have to try to match new limbs since you no longer have the baby to compare them to as you paint…

Well, it didn’t work. I know matching the limbs will be incredibly difficult. She also wants another Kameko as a twin, so I guess she was happy with her overall. So that’s a plus, I guess. I’m hoping BB will put the sculpt on sale since I have to buy two now!

— Begin quote from “pocketfuloftoesies”

Well, it didn’t work. I know matching the limbs will be incredibly difficult. She also wants another Kameko as a twin, so I guess she was happy with her overall. So that’s a plus, I guess. I’m hoping BB will put the sculpt on sale since I have to buy two now!

— End quote

Will she send a leg back to you for color matching?? I am so sad that this happened, but how nice that you got an order for a twin… Nice customer!!