Pull out hair

Hey ladies. I’m rooting Mick and hate it. Can I pull it all out and maybe revarnish and prisma or paint his hair? Or is it ruined?

1 Like

You should be able to. Just make sure you get all the tiny hairs out and it would be okay

I’m sure someone on the forum knows how to do it, but my experience with pulling out hair wasn’t good. It left holes and left hair in the holes that was really noticeable. I tried everything to get it out and nothing worked to my liking. That was my first baby.
I think I read that someone used Nair and the Nair dissolved the hair in the holes? Idk…
it’s a lot of work fixing rooted hair. At least for me it was. I’d learn to like it as it is. LOL.

1 Like

I think yours was more a case of the hairs breaking off in the vinyl and not being able to get them out. I’ve had that happen once or twice but generally I can pull the hair out without it breaking.

2 Likes

What is the proper way to pull them out so that doesn’t happen?

I think it has more to do with the hair quality itself. Lesser quality hair tends to be more brittle so it breaks easier, and very thin fine hair sometimes breaks easily too. If the hair is glued, I pull out the glue and most of the hair comes with it. If not I just pull it out with my fingers and get the finer hairs with tweezers

Ah ok. Yeah I used crappy hair so that’s possible.
After this last baby, no more Ruby Red for me.

And it was dark hair too so it was noticeable. Had it been blonde and it would’ve been easier to disguise, I think.

1 Like

This isn’t glued I actually have very little done but he front and sides worry me that it will be noticeable. This is a 100 dollar kit and I can’t mess it up. Why I tried to root it is beyond reason. I’m pretty upset right now.

I used sculpt clay. Rubbed over the holes. Used my heat gun to cure then painted over it. Turned out nice.

3 Likes

By far, hair and brows are The hardest! And what sucks is they go on after you put in so much work on the paint. So it’s upsetting and stressful when you’re not confident in rooting or painting to have to do hair and brows because you can mess up all your work!
I can’t wait until I know what I’m doing when it comes to those areas. I wish someone lived close to me to give me a private class.

1 Like

I’m awful at rooting. I can root eyelashes and his eyebrows went on in mins and I loved them. I love his painting too. Now I just want to cry. Why did I do this to him? :cry:. Whoever does great rooting and you know who you are, is very talented. This just isn’t coming to me. I don’t have sculpty clay and if he were a test head I would be okay with that but I guess I have to just continue this :sob::cold_face:

Yes I need someone to sit down with me holding my hand to learn this. I’ve always been a hands on learner. I’ve watched every video and mapping out there and I’m just bad at it.

1 Like

That’s how I am with painting. I’m not great at rooting either, but I can work with it.
If anything stops me from painting babies, it will be the hair and brows.

2 Likes

You can leave them bald :). It shows off the paint nicely :grin:

1 Like

My second and third babies that are still incomplete are going to stay bald. I only finished the third because she was promised to someone.
I’m even considering hiring someone to paint my babies heads going forward after these are all done. I just don’t want to pay the extra money and wait for the shipping process. But it’s holding me back from completing babies faster.
I really need a practice head. I finally caught one on sale but I messed her up trying to paint hair lol. I tried to turn a brown haired paint job into an AA baby when I couldn’t get the paint off the head lol.
It’s horrible.

@Tessa I’ll send a test head when I send your box! Beware you will probably want to make a Cuddle Baby, lol!

1 Like

I already do!! I was shopping heads today but was responsible and didnt purchase any. Lol.
You are the best @AnnieSokay!!

1 Like

No problem, it will be later this month though, hope you can wait that long.

1 Like

There is a technique somewhere out there on the internet that tells how to removed the glue from inside the doll’s head. This, supposedly, removes the last hairs also.

1 Like