Prisma only hair

Has anyone sold any babies that had only Prisma hair? I have done several with my combi hair but am working on one that would look nice mostly bald. So I thought if I did just Prisma it would give me the look I want but I am afraid the doll woudn’t sell with no rooting at all. I don’t paint hair…my hands are not steady enough anymore I don’t think. (But I might try anyway :smile:) What do guys think? Has anyone sold a prisma only baby?

4 Likes

Well, I almost sold one this weekend with Prisma only hair. It would have been my very first sale of all time. So, I’m not expert, but I must say, I have gotten so many compliments on my feeble attempts at Prisma hair, it’s unbelievable! I would give it a try. If you finished the baby with Prisma hair and only loosely put the head on for photos, if he did not sell, you could pull his head off and root over the Prisma, couldn’t you? That would give you a little insurance to just give it a try.

7 Likes

That’s a good idea! Kind of do a test run with the doll…

1 Like

Could you post a picture of one of your prisma only babies that sold? I’d like to see how much hair you did etc. Thanks. :smile:

1 Like

Thanks. That’ very nice hair. Are those ones you did? They are precious!

3 Likes

What gorgeous little babies x

1 Like

Yes! I mainly do Prismacolor hair and or combo hair. I barely root. My babies still sell!

4 Likes

Wow!!! You are so good!!! Teach me!!! :heart:

2 Likes

Your work is awesome, wow, great job :slight_smile: way to go with the prism. I recently bought my first prism and started on practicing eyebrows myself :slight_smile:

1 Like

ABC123, we need a tutorial. Superb job!

2 Likes

How do you keep the browns from turning orange? I love your Stanley. You are really good.

1 Like

Only Espresso and Chocolate turns orange. The rest of the browns are fine

2 Likes

Aww thank you so much. That means a lot. I can take a lesson or two from you. You are amazing.

1 Like

Yes Prisma only painted hair will sell. I do 90% of my dolls like this I hate rooting hair. I am a business so I do this for a living so I make a lot of dolls and they sell. :slight_smile: I just did an Elyse with Prisma hair and she sold for $700 so I say go for it. If it’s got a nice head shape even better! Lol some dolls I see the head shape and say “nope would need to root that one I’m not buying you!” Lol

2 Likes

I will never be able to sell anything for $700! I am in awe. However, it is very encouraging to hear that the prisma babies sell. I don’t have any trouble selling my combi haired babies so maybe I’ll go for it. I want this baby almost bald, so it’s very hard to root that look.

2 Likes

I have not done Prisma, but I do paint hair and yes, it sells. I think it is more the quality than the type of hair that sells the baby.

If I were to buy a reborn, I would rather buy a beautifully painted or Prisma hair than a badly rooted one. The sculpt and painting of the face and body would influence my choice more than if the hair is rooted or not. I think nice work is nice work no matter how the artist achieved the effect.

Helen, I know you say your hands may not be steady enough to paint hair, but if you can do nails and eyebrows, you are steady enough for hair. Hair is more forgiving than nails or eyebrows, in my experience, anyways. It might be more time consuming than pencil, though. Depends on the person. I have essential tremor, which means I shake for no good reason sometimes, and on bad days it can be tough. I just work on something else until it calms down. Might see my neurologist about trying the medication he offered me once to stop the shakes.

8 Likes

Bebe,
I do my nails and brows with prisma pencil. When I was using paint, my nails would look good to me when I did them, but then I would do a photo and they would look ragged. When I looked back (squinting, LOL) I could see how jagged they were. So I switched to Prisma for both.

1 Like

Helen, my prisma seems to disappear on the nail tips… How do you get it to stay?

Bake them. Then seal. Usually once you bake Prismacolor Pencils they stay. I seal just in case.

2 Likes

After I bake, they seem light then lighten. Maybe I should do them twice:–)