Price hike on black friday?

I had that happen to me as well, but when I realized, I backed out and looked again at the price listed, and sure enough – it had jumped. I am happy with BB’s customer service, I have no problem with their speed of delivery and think their prices are reasonable. I know that things like packaging, staffing, new contracts, etc cause prices to go up, but it doesn’t make much sense to me when the smaller dolls are so pricy. They aren’t new sculpts, they use less material. However, I will continue to buy from BB - I will have to wait for sale days and seconds for more affordable kits.

— Begin quote from “judy”

:cry: Gee - the price of kits goes up, we have to charge more for the finished product, the customers complain the prices are too high, they don’t buy the dolls. We are stuck with dolls so can’t buy more, then because we are not buying the distributors raise the prices for those who are to compensate for lack of sales.

It’s a viscious cycle, isn’t it?? Until this economy turns around I think this is the way it’s gonna be.

I, myself, am just going to try and wait for sales and seconds and try to keep my babies affordable.

Judy

— End quote

Yep exactly, lately ive had no choice but to lower the prices on all my listed babies because of lack of sales
Why on earth are kits so expensive? i mean its just vinyl, it shouldnt cost that much, and cradle kits are like 114 dollars, ok you get the body but still, 114 for a kit? its insane
I think the only people who win are the ones created these kits
and buyers do not realize how much it cost to make a baby, they think were making a bundle off them when were not. My Mae by Sandy Faber cost 171 to make, not including the hair, she didnt sell at the price i wanted so i took off all her expensive outfits and got her up now for 199 in nothing but a onesie, which brought her cost down to 112, so 199-112-fees is not much profit at all! 60 dollars if im lucky? and she has slumberland mohair, i didnt add that in her cost…i will make even less if i figure that out…but i dont even want to know
I feel like just going back to making babies for myself and when i get tired of them putting them up for sale for cheap

I have 2 (a BB and a Hunnybuns kit) babies I need to put up for sale and 1 more almost done (Dimples), I am so afraid to list them cause I have seen sales lately go down and fees go up. It is very disheartening.

— Begin quote from “Mayberrybabies”

I have 2 (a BB and a Hunnybuns kit) babies I need to put up for sale and 1 more almost done (Dimples), I am so afraid to list them cause I have seen sales lately go down and fees go up. It is very disheartening.

— End quote

Sales have been going down and down, usually by this time it goes up, i know summers can be slow, but now its not picking up and im getting worried. I have 12 kits to reborn, i feel like selling some and lately i noticed alot of kits being listed…like a lot of reborners are closing up shop…not a good sign
Then I see babies sell then get relisted because of non paying bidders, which doesnt help
i sold a baby last night to a 0 feedback person who didnt pay, and now a 0 person just bid on my Mae…so even a sale isnt a sale until im paid…ugh i cant take it anymore lol