Price hike on black friday?

This is the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard of

Maybe its their new listing format that is confusing us lol
but was Ember really always 39.99? I always thought she was less…i always thought all of them were less

— Begin quote from “kittiekuddles”

Maybe its their new listing format that is confusing us lol
but was Ember really always 39.99? I always thought she was less…i always thought all of them were less

— End quote

I think most of the babies were under 29.99, the only ones that were 39.99 were like tibby and shyann.

Nope, not mistaken, prices went up-UP and away. Some kits had prices raised twice.

— Begin quote from “Mayberrybabies”

Nope, not mistaken, prices went up-UP and away. Some kits had prices raised twice.

— End quote

i saw some that raised 3 times, by $5 each time. sucks

Well that is a bummer, i wonder why they raised them? and to take away the limb plugs and neck rings too, geez, if there gonna raise the price at least give us back our free neck rings and plugs!!
shall we protest?

Yes, I miss the plugs and rings all together with the kit, much easier shopping.

— Begin quote from “withlovenursery”

Maybe Bb is raising prices because for so long they were so cheap. Maybe they are losing money and need to do a price hike. Its a bummer though But they are still very cheap compared to other sites.

— End quote

If they were losing money with the original prices then they are certainly going to lose more with the price increase I think Shyann alone is enough to keep them in business though
Reborn sales are lagging lately, the sales for reborned babies arent like they used to be, maybe the fad is over? so this is the worst time to do an increase on kits IMO
I’m trying to hold out on buying anymore kits until sales pick up, i thought with xmas coming babies would be moving faster, but this year i see a decline in baby sales all around ooo but now im looking at that Caleb and i am tempted , hes sold out now so thats good! lol

Yeah like some other girl said at these prices we can spend one extra ten and get designer kits. I dunno it sucks. I already told my husband and I need to quit reborning. Or do one every few months. I guess it’s alright whatever. They stopped my food benefits and I need to cut back on things anyway sorry little vent. But yeah never heard of black Friday price hikes lol

That would have so fit in a flat rate envelope, and saved almost $3.

— Begin quote from “DebiC”

Katie dont stop crocheting and you will make enough to buy a baby.

— End quote

Thank you Debi =) Just like you said about the thing where you had your kit in the cart, I was only planning on getting a heather, i hope they do a sale on her. shes the only one i want her and puddin

I have looked at the new prices and thought I can not afford that no way.

— Begin quote from “blueyed_emt2001”

I have looked at the new prices and thought I can not afford that no way.

— End quote

and the sad part is, is that the quality isnt all that great, it was worth it before but now i dont think so
guess just keep checking for sales and gobble up kits then…dang what if they dont even have sales anymore

I was surprised as well to see the prices on Punkin and Dumplin! I have Pudding & Muffin and was hoping to add the other two – but at $49 each kit – I just don’t know. Like someone said, a few more dollars and we can get designer babies. Hopefully they will still have sale prices. Otherwise, I may just as well find myself a Reva Schick doll kit and go for the gold! BB has been wonderful and I know they need to make money too, but it seems a lot of people buy from them because of their great service and good prices. We can only hope that things will work out for all of us and BB too.

— Begin quote from “Ginnylee”

I was surprised as well to see the prices on Punkin and Dumplin! I have Pudding & Muffin and was hoping to add the other two – but at $49 each kit – I just don’t know. Like someone said, a few more dollars and we can get designer babies. Hopefully they will still have sale prices. Otherwise, I may just as well find myself a Reva Schick doll kit and go for the gold! BB has been wonderful and I know they need to make money too, but it seems a lot of people buy from them because of their great service and good prices. We can only hope that things will work out for all of us and BB too.

— End quote

Wow didn’t know those went up more too. Maybe they are putting the prices up then gonna have a 75 percent off sale lol yeah right?

Gee - the price of kits goes up, we have to charge more for the finished product, the customers complain the prices are too high, they don’t buy the dolls. We are stuck with dolls so can’t buy more, then because we are not buying the distributors raise the prices for those who are to compensate for lack of sales.

It’s a viscious cycle, isn’t it?? Until this economy turns around I think this is the way it’s gonna be.

I, myself, am just going to try and wait for sales and seconds and try to keep my babies affordable.

Judy

— Begin quote from “judy”

:cry: Gee - the price of kits goes up, we have to charge more for the finished product, the customers complain the prices are too high, they don’t buy the dolls. We are stuck with dolls so can’t buy more, then because we are not buying the distributors raise the prices for those who are to compensate for lack of sales.

It’s a viscious cycle, isn’t it?? Until this economy turns around I think this is the way it’s gonna be.

I, myself, am just going to try and wait for sales and seconds and try to keep my babies affordable.

Judy

— End quote

Good Idea Judy, I guess thats how it works, one raises prices, then next the next, maybe the people above them raised their prices. i dunno. i have a little kit horde to work on so i guess ill go from there. i am still watching for heather though.

I just noticed that a couple kits were just dropped back down by $5, honestly who is at the controls on the PC over there?

I am kind of surprised that no one at BB has gotten on here to explain or clarify…

I was hoping that someone would have spoke on this thread or my thread about the price changes during checkout to clarify some of our issues.