Preemie Hal...drink and wet

I did one other similar to this and it sold within hours of listing. We’ll see what happens. It’s not for everyone. I got one comment from someone obviously upset who couldn’t understand why anyone would want a sick baby. I explained NICU babies are necessarily sick, just delicate.
He has a Maisie head and Cupcake limbs.

8 Likes

I love it! My Grandson was 2 months early. We visited him every weekend as he was hours away. This is how we saw him for a good 3 to 4 months. There were Grandmothers that would love and hold him when we weren’t there. Fond Memories of Love! A little scary at times but he is now 24. I need some neonatal supplies. Where do you sell from?

1 Like

My little Caedmon went through those stages. It’s hard to see your baby hooked up to those wires and gadgets. But the hardest pics to see are the ones of them resuscitating him. They hid me from that. I was just told “they are working on him.” It wasn’t til he was safely hooked up to all his life savers that my sister told me what was going on over there. So yeah…those can be hard to see. But to anyone who’s been through that, we know how precious all that apparatus is. You did a great job. It looks realistic. :heart:

3 Likes

He looks great!! And amazing photo shoot!!

I’ve always thought it was odd how people are fine with preemie reborns, until we add medical equipment - then it’s “glorifying sick babies.” I think it’s a lot more “glorifying” to make tiny preemies and act like they’re perfectly healthy, normal babies! I work in a pediatric ICU but while our new unit is being constructed, we’re sharing space with the NICU. I see preemies every day, and it isn’t pretty! Prematurity is scary, traumatizing even. These dolls are art modelled after life, so why would we hide the reality of prematurity? The people who really tend to love these dolls are those who couldn’t hold their baby when they looked like this due to medical restrictions.

We’re the children’s hospital serving all of Atlantic Canada and the NICU is a brand new, state of the art facility offering private room care with all kinds of amazing features - if you’re interested in NICU stuff, look up the IWK hospital’s new NICU :slightly_smiling_face: very cool stuff like a large screen for parents to video chat with family and friends so they can see the baby, a couch that pulls out into a full bed with sliding door wall for parents to stay with the baby in a fairly private spot, and a picture frame which slides up to reveal respiratory hookups beside a rocking chair for holding the baby while attached to equipment!

4 Likes

What a sweet baby. He looks like Darren asleep in the second photo.

3 Likes

I sell on ebay mostly. Also on Etsy and reborns.com.

1 Like