Powder girls...let's talk

I have some Pan Pastels and sometime would like to experiment on some less expensive kits. Would I mottle, vein, and crease with my GHPS bake and then use the powders or how do you use yours? Do you use washes also before powders? What colors do you have? I have about 6 or so. TY for any tips, hints and advise! :heartbeat:

I tried, they didn’t stay :frowning:
And after reading that varnish cracking and peeling on top of them I don’t want to take any chances.

2 Likes

This was my experience back when I was using Genesis and tried them with Coastal Scents. When using Genesis, powders had to be the last thing you do and then you set them with an air dry product like a fluid matte medium or something. After that cures 24 hours you can seal the whole doll with Genesis Matte Varnish. Baking paints over powders does not work well at all though. I have not tried Genesis over PanPastels but I am just going to assume the same may be true.

2 Likes

Oh no. This is so sad. I really wanted to make use out of these great powders. :upside_down_face:

I use Pan Pastels. I usually use them for shading and blushing after I get done painting. I then seal with matte varnish from Genesis. Some of it will come off but no issues really.

1 Like

@LisaLynn uses powders I think. Maybe she can weigh in.

1 Like

Thank you both!! @trilliants and @Kate

I use baby fx powders as the last step after painting with air dry. I use it for creasing, shading, and blushing. I also used a dark berry color all over my Rosie to redden her skin tone. I varnish over top with air dry varnish. It’s my favorite step :blush:

1 Like