Please, beginners

I don’t want to be harsh, don’t want to sound rude, don’t want to be mean. Really.

Please consider that I am not a English speaker.

I make YouTube tutorials and receive a lot of questions regarding the reborning process. I am always happy to help and give advice. I love being able to help someone paint a nice baby !

But
After corresponding with someone back and forth for over a month, my patience is at the end.

As far as I love helping, I can’t paint your kit for you. I am not there.
I can’t spend more time over and over to repeat the steps, what is a primer, wich varnish etc…
Someone as gone as far as asking me how to create a website… Really ?:flushed:

There’s plenty of information available for learn to how to paint a reborn. The steps, the colors, the varnishes etc…here, on YouTube, on Facebook…
I will not search for you, I have done it enough for myself.

I can’t tell you if “this product is good”, I don’t know. Try it. That’s the best way to learn. Just…try.
All the great infos we have today came from artists who tried.

And don’t tell me about"where do you purchase this " or where can I find this in France, UK, Australia…I don’t know ! I am in Quebec Canada! You’re old enough to search this info by yourself !

If you want to paint a reborn, you have a minimum of artistic skill or interest. You can play with colors, you can use new products, you can try different steps. That’s what I have done. That’s how you grow as an artist.

The worst that could happen is having to strip the kit and start over. Not pleasant but not a big deal when you are learning.

I just want to say that I will continue to help others, give advice, share my knowledge. If you struggle to get the skin tone right. If you are not sure about your mottling result. If you want to try a certain lips color…
For the basic, please do some research by yourself. It’s worth it. You will learn a lot more this way.

I know there are some beginners here, don’t take it all for you, it’s really a rant about the messages I received all day. Keep asking for help for the things you can’t figure, that’s totally fine !

23 Likes

That’s not mean, rude or harsh. Everything you said is true. Who has the kind of time to hold someone’s hand every step of the way through the reborning process? As frustrating as it is for you, at least they think you’re very knowledgeable.

4 Likes

Thank you ! I have hesitate before making this post.

This lady I have to literally send her link of varnish and primer website and she just find a way to ask me wich one she has to buy…I don’t know any of those products :confounded:.

I have a lot of trouble settings my limits…

5 Likes

I would just refer her to this forum and she can search for herself. Before I painted a reborn I read and read and read. If she keeps bugging, just become a broken record and repeat please refer to the bountiful baby forum…

3 Likes

I can’t, she’s French. I have referred her to French reborning groups on Facebook but she didn’t like social media so…I have done my best.

4 Likes

You are one of the kindest, most helpful individuals I know !!! You go above and beyond … always … (hug) I am always happy to help, within limits :wink: The harsh reality is these people really need to take some responsibility and do the research… it gets old… how to questions … they also have to take a risk as we all do, and sometimes … colors just don’t work… vinyl is not great… we overdo or under do… it’s an art and problem solving is a big part of it … your post is not harsh at all … she needs to be redirected to YouTube videos and researching forums … and DO THE WORK !!! … all babies trip and fall before they can walk :wink:
There is so much information out there now … and it’s free… Not meant to be harsh either, just objective !

5 Likes

I don’t think it’s harsh or mean, I came here a few months ago looking for help as I was just starting out, everyone was so kind and helpful but there is only so much they can help me with, I figured if I was going to really learn I had to work some things out for myself, how can I develop my own style if I paint to how others tell me and also a product might work for one person but not for another, it’s all trial and error, I still ask questions when I need to and I think that’s fine but it’s so much more rewarding to creat a doll with no help x

5 Likes

I have helped many people over the years with air dry painting and have had the same experiences. It does get frustrating sometimes.

2 Likes

I would love to be able to refer them here, but a lot of them don’t speak English.

I guess it’s the price to pay for making tutorials !

2 Likes

I am glad you were able to write this, especially since this is hard for you. I have seen some questions being asked over and over and I wondered if the folks that are so kind to answer them were tired of responding. I’m afraid I’m not as patient as many. I hope you get the results you are hoping for. I also hope you are empowered for having done this. You deserve this.

3 Likes

Thank you :blush:

1 Like

Just have someone ask me me if distilled water work, instead of medium… because I told her she can’t use only water…:triumph:

(I want a facepalm emoji…)

2 Likes

Great post! The ones that get me are those that post here with a prototype pic asking how to achieve that skin tone.:woman_facepalming:t3:

3 Likes

I feel that way too, but I also remember having such high hopes at first. Years later I’m nowhere near prototype quality, but oh well. At least I’m having fun. :rofl:

4 Likes

I haven’t seen the facepalm emoji lately. This one looks like a mad horse. Lol

3 Likes

Yes :laughing:. It may depend on the keyboard. I have mermaid and fairies, but no facepalm…I don’t have the lady in purple like @cajuncuties have :pleading_face:

1 Like

:joy: :joy: :joy: a mad horse :joy: that struck my funny bone

2 Likes