Pictures please of then and now

I have seen the work all of you have provided in pictures here so I know I am asking the right people.
I wanted to ask if you could post a picture of your first reborn and how your work has evolved over time.

My students have just completed a complete baby and many are quite good, but even the good ones seem t0o have disappointments. I told them they should never expect to see the caliber of an 8 year artist first try, but they are at that age and I respect what they feel.

So I thought it would be nice to show them how almost all rebirthers had a rough start.

Also if ytou are planning to be in the Houston area, maybe you would like to speak to the class.

Thanks

2 Likes

16 Likes

My first reborn… I threw it in the trash! My second one sold for almost 400 ! When I first started, about 10 years ago, my babies sold for more than they do now. The reborn world has really changed… not sure if there are just a lot more reborners, or if people are making them themselves, it’s probably a mix of things.

4 Likes

Same sculpt, 5 years experience between them.

20 Likes

First 5… (my kids’ for practice)

And about 3 years later and 90 more reborns done (one showing prisma hair, one showing rooted)

18 Likes

Looks like both of you were born to this because I am impressed

I see the same sort of pattern with first babies. My kids say they look like they have been exposed to radiation, I didn’t know exactly how to take that…

I have a combo of very very blue/purple blushing to barely there and everything in between.

Strangely, the boys seem to be more advanced. I did not expect that
Frankly I didn’t expect any common denominator in their genders but if I am being honest, I thought the boys would not be as good as the girls.

4 Likes

First Baby Januar 2017, lol I stripped her 15 times

Now

29 Likes

My first, a Berenguer complete with wig, fake lashes, and gel pen nails: June 2002:
KAREN%202002%20first%20reborn

My latest, January 2019:

21 Likes

Olive was my first 10 months ago and Skya awake and asleep kits are one of my lastest

Skya awake just sold about an hour ago.

21 Likes

Here is my poor ugly Meg who appears to have some sort of rash, is now named Hayden, and resides in my daughters room :slight_smile:

and here is my last custom, April, they are both redheads :wink:

This one is actually my last baby though…born January 1st

18 Likes

Frankly you all are so good I am afraid this will only depress them more.

It is a given many are not going to be doing this for a living and most will just be hobbyists, but I thought I would see more exaggeration,.
Maybe people really are just ‘born’ to it.

My very first 2015. I gave her to my aunt I believe 2 years ago

My first prototype! 2018. Never thought this would happen

One of my latest

30 Likes

My very first from November 2017 and a couple of my more recent ones about a year later!

22 Likes

Rosebud was my first

And Brooklyn was my last ( #16) .

24 Likes

First reborn Jan 2018 Last Jan 2019. Just a newbie here and recently hit the 1yr mark :smile:

22 Likes

Don’t get depressed! I’ll be 60 this yr and still aspire to be a great reborn artist! I can’t root hair to save my life, just eyelashes lol :rofl:

3 Likes

You’re working with kids?
How I show my art kids that it’s really down to practice is I have everyone draw something using just their feet, and then I also draw something with my feet. They’re shocked to see how theirs are all weird blobby things(because EVERYONE is bad at drawing with their feet to start with) and mine actually looks like something. I go on to tell them the reason mine looks so much better is because I practiced really hard(which I used to do, for this express purpose).

Sounds super weird, but it really gets through to kids.

3 Likes

Here you go, @dlschuch. Is this ugly enough for you? :rofl: I think this was after stripping once. The other babies are almost 3 years later.

29 Likes

@jlesser, I love your Kameko as an alien - that is so clever!

2 Likes

Here is mine: Teagan (my husband named him Critter) 6/2015

And Matthew 12/2018

18 Likes