Picture of last doll you worked on

…… unfinished and now packed away for awhile due to spring cleaning, reno’s and a general lack of mojo.

I had actually rooted a strip of hair at the nape of the neck using alpaca but found that it was falling out easily. On inspection with a good light I see that a portion of the hair was not rooted completely thru the vinyl, so I pulled it all out and will attempt it again at a later date.

So if your Alpaca hair is thinning, this could be your problem.
And I did finally get back to finishing his hair and him.

30 Likes

Custom Gabriel for a little girls birthday.

18 Likes

Ultimately, it’s up to you and if you want to sacrifice the time it takes to root but, I do think she makes a cute baddie!..and I almost always say add hair :blush:

1 Like

Your Grant is darling!

1 Like

Oh my goodness Lynette, he is precious :blush::two_hearts:

1 Like

I put this guy together yesterday:

19 Likes

Adalyn by Aleina Peterson. Sold on BB

2 Likes

Mei Lien by Ping Lau now Caitlyn

16 Likes

Mei Lin is so pretty

1 Like

Thank you ! we are pleased with her

I rooted one of mine with synthetic hair, and the other with mohair. I just didn’t do a super fine root on either. I used a 38 gauge. Then I used a finer needle right at the front. The synthetic hair only took about 3 hours. The mohair took maybe 8ish. It really wasn’t as intimidating as I thought it would be. Both customers were kids, but even their mothers were completely satisfied with the hair. It didn’t look pluggy. But each plug had enough hair to get a thick head of hair without a lot of extra work.

1 Like

Finishing up sweet Ethon. His smile is my favorite. :heart_eyes:

22 Likes

She’s a gorgeous kit. You made her look very pretty. And where is everyone getting these beautiful eyes? Yours, an Ethon I saw and a few others had realistic eyes.

Thank you so much. That’s such a boost at a time when I am contemplating giving up reborning. Taking a break right now and I’ll see how I feel about it next year. :relaxed:

1 Like

Mine are just normal acrylics (probably from BB) and then I gloss them with pledge

1 Like

They look like glass. I need to try pledge.

1 Like

I have some really nice human hair I am thinking about trying.

2 Likes

That would be beautiful. She’s way too cute to leave bald :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Im working on my two customs still…I finally got Raine, with her horrible orange vinyl, to look more pale as its what her Mommy wants…and here is my Zuri who Im nearly finished with.

18 Likes

if you are talking about the one I am doing she is Isabella by Regina S.

1 Like