Phototype of Maisie

This is not my favorite reborn by Melissa George. Looks unfinished.

I love the sculpt… wish the hands weren’t fists though and I wish she was more than 15" long… I agree that it doesn’t look like Melissa George finished the reborning… feet don’t look right to me at all… need some blushing…

I am grossed out by the whole uterine lining backdrop and umbilical cord. I would like to see pics of the unpainted vinyl and another artist, something looks wrong with the hands, feet, and bottom half of the face all pale.

I agree with you all on the painting. I don’t care at all for the position of the arms and hands on this one either.

She reminds me of Anna!! She is cute but I would rather have open hands. I like separated fingers andtoes too!!

— Begin quote from “mayberrybabies”

I am grossed out by the whole uterine lining backdrop and umbilical cord. I would like to see pics of the unpainted vinyl and another artist, something looks wrong with the hands, feet, and bottom half of the face all pale.

— End quote

The uterine wall grossed me out too. I know these are meant to be realistic, but that’s a bit too real for me. Babies are beautiful, placentas are not, lol.

I know exactically where she was going with the coloring. When a baby is first born their extremities are blue-ish, it’s known as peripheral cyanosis, and completely normal. My son’s hands and feet would turn this color when he would take a bath, it’s due to their immature circulatory system.

I can’t find a link…anyone care to share?

It is on the BB store site.

Iansmommie, I agree with you. Childbirth is beautiful but can be ugly at the same time…I could do w/o the uterus “suggestion.” The cord is over the top; but I like the sculpt and will probably buy it. I think because of the success of PG “being born,” this is the follow-up. I just want the baby, not the whole Lamaze experience all over again!

I must be one of the few, but I fell in love with this baby and everything about it. I so wish it were a larger size. I like the way she photographed the baby. Some of the photos show the baby in the womb and I thought she was very creative capturing the birthing color variations.