Pending or no?

I have a few kits awaiting sale and they are getting a lot of interest. A woman told me she was interested in purchasing 3 but she never paid after a few hours. I asked if she was still interested and she said yes and asked to pay this morning which is fine, but several ppl have asked about the kits and I’m afraid she will back out. My question is when selling kits how much time do you usually give a person who says they will pay to actually send money before you sell to the next in line? Do you have a first to pay policy or do you mark kits pending and give the customer a timeframe to make the payment?

1 Like

I never hold babies without payment. I think the same should go for kits. I would hold a kit for a trusted friend. But random people need to pay up front. Unfortunately you’re going to find that there are lots of time wasters in this hobby.

5 Likes

I was thinking the same thing. I feel bad selling from under her if it was her intention to buy but it’s not my fault she didn’t pay when she said she would. Thanks

3 Likes

Never feel bad about something like that. She should feel bad for wasting your time. :wink:

5 Likes

It’s just business. I never speak up for kits unless I’m ready to pay that minute. Never pass up a sure sale for a promise :wink:

8 Likes

Thanks so much. I feel better now.

2 Likes

I’d tell her that as much as I’d like to I can’t hold it any longer as several other people want to buy it.

4 Likes

Every last kit sold before she sent payment. She did end up sending payment but I had to refund her.

2 Likes

I only would hold for someone I know, have worked with before. Other than that, if they want/need to hold, they can pay a deposit. If not check back in when you can buy and if it’s available great, if not sorry.
Too many times do people say oh I’ll pay X date I really want it…then :ghost: it’s business

2 Likes

I always ask if I can pay on a Friday… which is payday I’ve never had anyone not be ok with that.

I have on the other hand had the opposite problem where I’m ready to pay and not gotten an invoice for over a week even after several requests and/or offers to pay friends and family. There are people who live at a slower pace :wink:

1 Like

Normally I allow a certain timeframe but it does lead to a lot of disappointment. This particular customer worried me because she had already failed to pay when she said she would the first time. Moving forward it will be first come first serve. Unless like others have mentioned a deposit is placed on the item for it to be held

1 Like

I always charge a non-refundable deposit to hold a baby with clear policy on the remaining payments.

1 Like