Paypal Policy Update

I got an email today from Paypal about policy updates that will take place on July 09 and I’m really not happy with them. I went and read through them and check this one out -

• PayPal may use any of the payment methods linked to a seller’s PayPal account to prevent the seller’s account from becoming negative when there are not sufficient funds in the account for seller refunds, reversals and chargebacks.

Yikes!

3 Likes

Im really starting to hate paypal! Essentially what they are saying is we would need to leave the funds in there for 6 months because thats how long people have to file a claim. Or else it may cause you to go negative in your bank account possibly if you dont have the funds in there.

3 Likes

I can’t do this, I will have to close my acct there. And I use it all the time!

3 Likes

Are there any legitimate options to Paypal?

2 Likes

The only other thing I know of is Square but most buyers will only use Paypal that I have noticed.

That is what I’m concerned about - the buyers are so used to using Paypal that they won’t buy if they have to use another form of payment.

2 Likes

My hubby is trying to get me to switch to square up. I am really bad about just sticking with what I know. I may have to have him help me do the switch.

3 Likes

I just read reborns dot com only accept Paypal for members, so if we close our PP accounts we won’t be able to list on reborns dot com.

5 Likes

I would keep my account to pay Dave but i would only offer different ways of receiving payments. Im not sure if that is something Dave is open to (like linking a square account or something) but it might be worth a shot to try.

4 Likes

I’m about to close my PP account and I’ve had it for 19 years. They were bought by someone else a while back and they are also anti-freedom of speech if you don’t follow their “politics”, and they are banning people who sell medical cannabis, which is now legal in many states. Not sure who they think they are but they’ve really gotten full of themselves. It’s time for some other companies to give them a run for the money. My bank just recommended Zelle to me. Anyone else tried it yet?

1 Like

How does Walmart to Walmart work? Is it a money order system? Does it put the money right into your bank account? Is it pretty safe from scammers? The six month thing with PP and how scammers work is just ridiculous, and worse with this new policy.

1 Like

It sounds like not only could they access your bank account but your credit card if you have one on file with them.

2 Likes

Oh my…I’ve had Paypal for over 20 yrs. This isn’t something that I’m liking at all.

4 Likes

You don’t have to use PayPal to sell on Reborns. Just take that option off and when people order you can use whatever method you prefer to use.

2 Likes

I see no problem for me. I keep a healthy balance in Pay Pal as a backup savings account sort of. I like to keep my doll business money separate from personal finances. When there has been a dispute it involved a hold on the funds usually, and every time I have had this happen they resolved it in my favor. But I pray a lot. LOL

2 Likes

I have only transferred money from my Wellsfargo account to my kids Wellsfargo account using Zelle and it has always been a smooth transition. Not sure how it works when purchasing or sending for other things but it warrants looking into I suppose

1 Like

You give the buyer your name, email address, the address of your local Walmart, you get an email when it’s ready and go pick up the cash. You will show your ID. It’s not a money order. I’ve done it a couple of times, very easy. But of course no buyer protection.

4 Likes

I only used it once but with no problems. The funds are sent from their Walmart to yours and you go pick it up. You get cash. If you’re sending money you need their name and Walmart address and give it to your Walmart. They do the rest. There’s a $4 fee. Postal money orders are another option, but only postal money orders. My bank told me money orders are no longer the same as cash because they’re easily counterfeited. You can cash them at your bank or the post office. Square is an option if you want to take credit cards. I don’t see this as a huge problem if you keep some money in your PayPal account.

1 Like

I don’t have any credit cards so I use prepaid debit cards to buy things online because not everyone accepts PayPal. Plus, I think it’s safer because if it’s hacked they can’t charge more than what’s on the card. When the balance is used up I delete that card.

1 Like

True, but seller’s don’t have to worry about buyer’s remorse and duking it out with PayPal.

1 Like