Payment Apps? Have a question

Hi - I’m mostly familiar with PayPal but I know there are other ways to pay. Does anyone have experience with Cash app? Or other apps? This is for selling kits, supplies or dolls etc.

1 Like

Zelle

I’ve heard of that - so basically it’s safe? And the two accounts communicate?

Yes. My sister and I have a wireless family plan. She sends me her share every month via Zelle.

1 Like

Ok certain banks have Zelle - like Wells Fargo. Thanks guys - sounds good👍

Venmo is good too. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I just downloaded cash app cause my uncle told me to get it so he could send me money so I won’t be late on power bill since he knows my work been cut a lot

Then had to wait week to get debit card

1 Like

Venmo is great we use it at uni for art sales! Also I’ve heard incredible things about square and am looking into it for me personally in reborning and my other art.

1 Like

I use square and really cannot say enough good things. I have not had a single bad experience, they are more merchant oriented than paypal in my opinion, so the seller protection is stellar. If someone wants to try to file a claim they have to contact their credit card company and a real investigation takes place, they don’t just take the $ back from you. I’ve never had a chargeback and never heard of anyone having issues like with paypal. You can use a credit card swiper, email an invoice to be paid online, post a dedicated payment link or you can also just type in the customers card info so you can process raw payments. When I get a payment the funds are available in my balance within 5 minutes at the longest. You can transfer the funds to your bank account or debit card if you link it. I don’t do that though, they send you a MasterCard that’s linked directly to your balance so I always just use that to buy whatever or withdraw the funds from an atm. The fees are a lot lower than paypal and if you use a referral code from a square member when you sign up you get your first $1500 (?) worth of transactions with 0 fees, even if it takes you 6 months or whatever to collect that amount finally.

I swear this is not a paid endorsement, I just think they are awesome :wink:

5 Likes

Please tell me more. Does it cost you any money to sign up? Is there a yearly fee? It’s like paypal correct but they accept credit cards (and paypal)? I googled it but got a little confused with all the info on different websites.

1 Like

I have Venmo, it’s easy to use. But my doll mamas have all paid me through the Facebook messenger app, the money goes into my PayPal from there. Very easy as well…

1 Like

Hi Shara- I just had someone pay through FB Messenger- how long does it take to show up in your account?

1 Like

Mine showed up in Paypal right away. Then I go into Paypal to transfer it to my bank account. Or you can leave it in your Paypal…

1 Like

Ok I used my debit card and it says “pending”- I will keep checking…

2 Likes