Paper glaze?

Hi all, i want to try the paper glaze for the eyes. Can someone fill me in on how to do it? if i don’t like it, can it be removed without ruining it? how long for it to dry? Do you glaze before or after setting eyelashes? Sorry so many ? I’ve never used it before. Thanks DEE

— Begin quote from “DEE”

Hi all, i want to try the paper glaze for the eyes. Can someone fill me in on how to do it? if i don’t like it, can it be removed without ruining it? how long for it to dry? Do you glaze before or after setting eyelashes? Sorry so many ? I’ve never used it before. Thanks DEE

— End quote

Here is the link to Kim’s tutorial… she used a different product than paper glaze. I have done eyelashes this way and I used Delta Ceramcoat Gloss exterior/interior varnish. It worked great and comes in a bottle that you can squeeze out a small amount and then it with water before using… Cost $10.33 at Hobby Lobby, but I always use a 40% of coupon…
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=44126

— Begin quote from “pia”

— Begin quote from “DEE”

— End quote

Here is the link to Kim’s tutorial… she used a different product than paper glaze. I have done eyelashes this way and I used Delta Ceramcoat Gloss exterior/interior varnish. It worked great and comes in a bottle that you can squeeze out a small amount and then it with water before using… Cost $10.33 at Hobby Lobby, but I always use a 40% of coupon…

— End quote

That’s what i’ve been using since i started, just thought i’d give the paper glaze a try. I think my biggest worry is how long until it dries, and can it be removed without harming the eye if i don’t like it. Thanks DEE

— Begin quote from “DEE”

— Begin quote from “pia”

— Begin quote from “DEE”

— End quote

— End quote

That’s what i’ve been using since i started, just thought i’d give the paper glaze a try. I think my biggest worry is how long until it dries, and can it be removed without harming the eye if i don’t like it. Thanks DEE

— End quote

Don’t have the answer… I would use it on a test head unless you can find someone that has done it before…

I use the aleens paper glaze on the nails, lips and a tiny bit in the nose and tear ducts. i read on this forum that people use gem tac glue to do the lashes - it goes on white but dries clear. I use a toothpick and to apply the gem tac to the lash line and then the other end of the lashes to tuck it up in the eye. needless to say - it was a life changing piece of information. Oh - well - I also didn’t know you could warm the head to root the head - I thought the mohair would melt or something. That was a huge help knowing that

Dee, I only use Ceramcoat Gloss varnish for the eyes. the one time I tried to use paperglaze it was in a mouth and it never dried underneath and you could see the white.
That scared me from ever trying it in the eyes. Kim’ tutorial is helpful and also the tutorial from http://theynevergrowupnursery.blogspot. … orial.html
I just think a thinner product that flows smooth is the better product for me

— Begin quote from “CindyM”

Dee, I only use Ceramcoat Gloss varnish for the eyes. the one time I tried to use paperglaze it was in a mouth and it never dried underneath and you could see the white.
That scared me from ever trying it in the eyes. Kim’ tutorial is helpful and also the tutorial from http://theynevergrowupnursery.blogspot. … orial.html
I just think a thinner product that flows smooth is the better product for me

— End quote

Thank you, I have used the same, i just thought i’d try it. I kinda thought people liked the results.

— Begin quote from “prettybabydolls”

I use the aleens paper glaze on the nails, lips and a tiny bit in the nose and tear ducts. i read on this forum that people use gem tac glue to do the lashes - it goes on white but dries clear. I use a toothpick and to apply the gem tac to the lash line and then the other end of the lashes to tuck it up in the eye. needless to say - it was a life changing piece of information. Oh - well - I also didn’t know you could warm the head to root the head - I thought the mohair would melt or something. That was a huge help knowing that

— End quote

Hun take a sock and put some uncooked rice in it, shut the sock by either trying the end or sewing it shut. Then put in the microwave until warm, each oven is different, Then stick the rice bag in the head and it will warm it and not harm the mohair.
As far as the paper glaze less is more. You can pull it off if it get too heavy. I learned the hard way a little goes along way just put a drop and use a tooth pick to place it where you want it to be,