Paper glaze in the eyes trick?

I just read my e-book by laura…I can’t wait to try all this!! I have a kit on the way, though it’s lady bug, and she’s a bit older, my next order, hopefully should come this weekend, and it’ll be a younger one!!! Anyways…I still don’t get the paper glaze in the eye technique. I mean, I read what she said about it, and others have told me their methods…but I feel like I would benefit more from seeing this done. Does anyone know any links to videos showing this?

— Begin quote from “almawisecup”

I just read my e-book by laura…I can’t wait to try all this!! I have a kit on the way, though it’s lady bug, and she’s a bit older, my next order, hopefully should come this weekend, and it’ll be a younger one!!! Anyways…I still don’t get the paper glaze in the eye technique. I mean, I read what she said about it, and others have told me their methods…but I feel like I would benefit more from seeing this done. Does anyone know any links to videos showing this?

— End quote

Try this one… http://theynevergrowupnursery.blogspot. … l.html?m=1

I use the delta coat air dry gloss varnish on the eyes. That stays clear from the start. Just try to not brush it too much on the eye after you get it on. Instead tip the doll back and forth and let the varnish run into the corners. You may have to put more on than you realized to cover the eye with a good coat. The only problem comes if you want to remove the eyelashes afterwards because it makes them really stay on.

I love the way it looks once it dries. The hard part is to leave it alone long enough to let it dry.

This really brings the doll’s eyes to life, and helps glue lashes in place. I use a broken rooting needle and add drops. I make sure that no gloss covered the iris or pupil. For some reason I don’t think they are as vibrant if they have gloss over them.

Another tip is date your paper glaze…I used a bottle that was too old- like three years old and it went on cloudy and stayed cloudy! About freaked out! Test it first if unsure. Very hard to get off eye! My new bottle works great.