Painting the full vinyl babies

Nod, in particular…he just arrived and he is SO cute!

Now…what do I do with him? I’ve never painted a full vinyl baby before, soooooo…
I take it I have to take him apart before I paint? Or just paint him as is and stick him in the oven “whole?”

Any help is appreciated! Thanks a bunch!

First -I LOVE YOUR SIGGY _let it snow -let it snow (fat chance here in Calif !)LOL
You do take Nod apart and paint him -to reassemble heat just the arms and legs for about 5min and put a bit of thinner around the flang and they go on pretty easy that way
Cant wait to see yours !!!

Oh i too love your sizzy. I so much miss the snow. How do i add a sizzy too?

Karen

— Begin quote from “Cher_Simnitt”

First -I LOVE YOUR SIGGY _let it snow -let it snow (fat chance here in Calif !)LOL
You do take Nod apart and paint him -to reassemble heat just the arms and legs for about 5min and put a bit of thinner around the flang and they go on pretty easy that way
Cant wait to see yours !!!

— End quote

Thank you, Cher! I was afraid of this…LOL…yep, kind of figured I’d be taking the poor thing apart…oh, well. It’s best to face one’s fears, right?!

Glad you like the snow scene…that would be my dream house…sigh…not likely to ever happen, though, since we are planning a move to Florida as we speak.

— Begin quote from “littlebabies480”

Oh i too love your sizzy. I so much miss the snow. How do i add a sizzy too?

Karen

— End quote

And Karen, do you have a Photobucket account? That is what I use to host my pictures. Once it’s uploaded, just copy “IMG” and paste over here. If I can help, let me know!

Karen it kinda makes me sad -we had a house about 2 miles from our home that was a historical land mark and they would deck it out like that every Christmas -I soooo wanted to go in that beautiful house and look around -one day it was gone !!! I made John stop the car and just sat there and cryed -I did some research and it turns out that it was the oldest CAT house in the town of FrenchCamp -well abit more colorful of history than I would have guessed but I still miss it !!!

Oh my gosh, Cher! That house you mentioned must’ve been VERY famous! WOW.

I love houses like the one in the picture, though, and they just don’t build 'em like that any more.

Karen, I just love sitting and looking at that picture. That would be my dream house, too.

Wouldn’t that be nice, Kim? Imagine hot chocolate with lots of marshmallows by the fire, watching the snow fall ~ ahhhh…if only…

Don’t forget the roasted chestnuts! Christmas here in Az. is the pits. I WANT SNOW!!!

While you ladies are roasting your chestnuts and drinking your hot chocolate don’t forget that the bats are in the attic planning their next excursion out, that the mice are all lining up for dinner in the kitchen walls and that the drafts that are circling all the rooms are the kind that even Holmes on Homes couldn’t fix! LOL Old houses are lovely but a bit daunting to “keep up”.
Your siggy is super though…thank you for posting it!

Back to the full body baby…would the same technique work on the really cute Berenguers that are full bodied but soft? I really do not want to have to cut the torso in half…I would like to just remove the limbs.

Thanks
joy

Yep, the soft Berenguers can be taken apart, painted and put back together,as long as you don’t want a soft body for the “cuddle factor” LOL
Barb
And to all the ladies in warm places who want snow are more than welcome to come to Toronto to shovel it for me LOL!!! I’ll pack some in a cooler for you to take home…FOR FREE!!