Painting realistic skintones

I was up last night looking for information on acrylic paint and I found this. It’s more for artists using a canvas but it applies to our art. I think it’s very helpful for someone who wants to add more depth and realism.

9 Likes

Do you use acrylic paints?? I can’t afford an oven yet (I just started (as in my first kit won’t be here till Tuesday, lol) and am still ‘repaying’ (to our budget) my first reborn purchase (Riley (Quinn kit,pictured), lol) and was thinking about acrylics but I’m not sure any of the affordable paints would work/stay well. Any advice you might have would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Alyssa

1 Like

I’m using acrylics and switching to Genesis. When the brush hit the vinyl, it turns out my painting style is more suited to ghsp. I’m going to finish out my paints which are Newton and Winsor acrylics and buy new matte and primer.

The best seem to be glass and tile, golden fluid matte medium and decoart. I also see a lot of people using liquitex products. I hate my current medium which is a gel and opaque. It’s messing up my painting and creating spots on my kit.

The best air dry paints made for reborning are the LDC, waterborne, Che’air and special care nursery gets a mention too. The newest paint set is by ultimate fusion. The professional acrylics are good especially the Golden and liquitex ones. Some use folkart to start but you didn’t hear that from me lol.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy: Noted :wink: and thanks so much for your help, I really appreciate it!

1 Like

You’re welcome and glad to have you here!

1 Like

This article seemed to help me a little, I wound up with a much better skin tone with acrylic paints than I did before hand. Im working on my first “junk” doll lol im practicing.

1 Like