Pacifier help?

After you cut the nipple off a pacifier, there is a plastic part that sticks out. How do you get rid of it so the magnet sits flat against the pacifier? Do you file it off? Do you cut it off with a knife? Do you just leave it and have some other way of getting the magnet to stay. TIA!!!

— Begin quote from ____

After you cut the nipple off a pacifier, there is a plastic part that sticks out. How do you get rid of it so the magnet sits flat against the pacifier? Do you file it off? Do you cut it off with a knife? Do you just leave it and have some other way of getting the magnet to stay. TIA!!!

— End quote

I have never ran into one that has a plastic part that sticks out, would need a pic to see. But I would think you could file it down and then drill into it in the same way.
You may want to look at my other thead here on Pacifiers. I have pics that show you how.

Mine did the same thing. I made two different pacifiers. One still sits nice and flat, even with the plastic there. But the other one dried crooked so I had to cut the magnet off and re-glue it.

I have found it depends which type you buy… Some just are not suitable to use with reborn babies. It seems to be trial and error for me. Good luck.

If you are talking about part of the nipple itself that remains, after you cut it off? I take the passifier and attach it to a hook I hang my keys on in my kitchen. I then pull it by the nipple as far as I can make it stretch, then I cut off the nipple. There is nothing left sticking up after it is cut.

1 Like