Pacifier for Eloisa?

Wondering what everyone is doing for Eloisa’s paci. I thought I could modify one, but the nipple is too wide for her mouth. Tried one of those foam ear plugs and even that’s not working.

6 Likes

I wonder if the “round” pacifier would work?

3 Likes

Yeah, wondering if the round ones that hospitals often have would fit.

2 Likes

Nope. Lol The nipple was too wide. I cut the fat part off and its still too big.

She might end up with a magnetic one, which sucks because I really wanted her to have a regular paci of some sort.

Hmmm… what about cutting slits in the side of the remaining “tube” part? So it collapses a little more

1 Like

What about a preemie pacifier…something like this?

1 Like

I modified a preemie one but it still doesn’t really work.

1 Like

I found a solution. The nipple is the end of a paint bush that I painted pink. I still need to clean it up and will probably paint that bottom part too, near the nipple.

4 Likes

Her prototype is shown with a Wee Soothie, the preemie Soothie. They are expensive to buy singlly. I don’t know if it actually works though as I have begun to mistrust certain aspects prototype photos.

3 Likes

I ended up not being satisfied with my paci, so I am fighting with the magnetic on a honeybug now. With thar huge hump, it is really hard to get the magnet right.

I tried a perfectly round preemie pacifier (I think the hospital kind) but it was too long and flexible. Haven’t tried the wee thumbie kind though.

My opinion on her changes depending on each individual paint job— yours looks wonderful!

1 Like

Thank you, thats very kind of you to say. She has hair and eyebrows now and turned out cuter than i thought. Looking forward to getting her finished up and put together. :blush:

About the paci, I just had the thought to sculpt a nipple out of super sculpy and glue it on. Wish I would have thought of this earlier. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Wow I love your Jocy

1 Like

Thank you! She also has hair an eyebrows now. Tried to hype myself up to root her, but just couldn’t do it. I caved and painted her hair. I’m going to have to do what the prototype artists did- hats and big bows to hide that flat head. :rofl:

3 Likes

I can’t wait to see her!!

1 Like

That’s dissapointing when open mouthed kits can’t take a pacifier.

2 Likes

Im excited to see her all finished as well. Im rooting mine…shes a custom…my hands are killing me. Love that German vinyl…ug!

1 Like

I was thinking about rooting mine too because her heas was small. Glad I didn’t. Lol Have you ever tried one of those rooting lamps? I’ve heard that they turn the hardest rock heads into butter.

1 Like

How about one of these to help get the magnet to stay in place while it dries inside the head?

2 Likes

Thank you, @sweetiepieapril. I’ll definitely will be ordering one with my next Macphersons order.