Oven trouble

I’m using a convection oven and setting it at 265 but the pillowcase that I put parts on started smoking. I tried a towel with the same results. Anyone know what I’m doing wrong?

the setting is wrong, get an oven thermometer and adjust the setting. Or the air is not circulating properly.

Do you have a separate thermometer? Often, the temperature knob on the oven does not reflect the actual temperature that is produced, and therefore should not be relied upon (for example, I have to set my knob to 300 to reach 265. On my old oven, I had to set it on 250). It sounds to me like your oven is too hot.

Thanks, ladies. I do have a separate thermometer and it shows 265 but then I open the door and it drops. I hear Home Depot has the eWave oven for $33 with the extender ring. Anyone tried it?

If the thermometer says 265* then my next thought is - do you use fabric softener? They have chemicals designed to not rinse out (in the washer), or dryer sheets in the dryer.

Do you use some type of cloth at the bottom of the eWave?

Could be fabric softener. Thanks!

I have a nuwave and I put a flour sack towel on the bottom.

1 Like

If the pilow case is not 100% cotton, it could contribute to the “smoking”?

I didn’t see that the eWave has an extender ring with it on the Home Depot site? Is that an option? It only costs $33.00 for the oven WOW! If it works like a NuWave, it is 1/4th the price?

1 Like

I did see it. It says it comes with an extender ring. I did a screen shot but I don’t know how to upload it on here.

1 Like

I read the fine print at the bottom, but I don’t see that it is included? I will go to Home Depot and check it out. If it does and it is $33.00, I will definitely recommend it to anyone that doesn’t already have a NuWave! What a great price and find. Thanks Greta.

1 Like

I just did “CHAT” with Home Depot and it does include the extender ring! AWESOME!

2 Likes

Thats a great price! Gotta pick one up and give it a try.

1 Like

Here is a photo with the extender ring in place. I am picking one up for back up if my NuWave poops out on me.

3 Likes

Wow - $33??

2 Likes

DOES ANYONE HAVE PERSONAL EXPERIENCE WITH THIS BRAND OF OVEN?

Someone on another forum said she had one and hated it and that when it “quit” , it didn’t do it quietly, but it overheated and melted a kit? She also said that there was a definite odor when she used it? Now she uses a NuWave with no difficulty. I bought one, but am wondering if anyone has actually used this brand? I may just try it on a BB kit and see what I think? I love my NuWAve, but this was so inexpensive.

1 Like

I was going to buy one tomorrow, but now I don’t know.

1 Like

Cmjt1013 said she has one with no problem on a few comments back.

1 Like

Thanks, I will give it a try… Miracle is my next kit on the rack though and I don’t want to take any mishap chances with a kit that was almost $140.00.

1 Like