Oven temprature

Just wondering out of interest what temperature you all have your kits bake at? I use my haligen oven and my temprature is at 130° for 8 minutes…

I read a thread somewhere that said if using a haligen oven…6 minutes is fine (not tried it). Just want to know what others bake in and on what temprature? Thanks ladies x (excuse spelling errors) and happy holidays!

You’re supposed to bake at 265 for 8 minutes. You can go as high as 285 without melting your kit and your paint getting shinny. I set mine on 250. It reaches 265.

1 Like

is your temp in Celsius or Fahrenheit always bake mine 8 mins

1 Like

Celsius is mine so 130 is about right then :slight_smile: thats in the halogen. Thanks ladys. Not had any issues besides 1 doll im working on now…(lots of issues though) and this kit does not like my usual heat…but worried it wont cure if i turn it down. It is just this one kit though…so will see how it goes. I prefer the BB kits - much nicer to work with in general. X

1 Like

I do 265 for 8 or 9 minutes. I use 9 minutes for the sealers. I then cool and rebake again for 9 minutes. I wouldn’t go 9 minutes on the real soft kits though.

1 Like

I have a magic chef convection oven (kinda like nuwave) and mine has to be at almost 300° F for the inside thermometer to reach 265° F I do it for 9 minutes and it seems to be working but I am just starting. I did one (mokey creature) and am now working on 2 babies.

1 Like

Excellent, as ive reborned several dolls on my normal heat of 130 celsius (which is 265 f ). This doll also does not like this heat …at all! But if i turn the heat down obviously it will not cure?? The ladys sending me a replacement head …im sure those using airdry paints could get away with it but this kit is overly super soft … As i will be keeping them now my daughters and I…i will just carry on and see what happens. Its rather dissapointing. I did pay £35 for the kit and brought x2. I guess i should have known better really. Thanks for the help x

1 Like

She is looking ok…just have to hope she does not split anymore. Long way to go yet…

2 Likes