One of my pet peeves ~ add yours ~

— Begin quote from “Debora Jenkins”

I think you all covered the bases. I am not prefect and won’t claim to be. I am trying to get better. I had the child who would drop in his tracks and be sound asleep. If I had a penny for every time he fell asleep on his knees with a toy in his hand and I had to catch him before he face planted the floor I would be rich. I also hate those pictures where you can see down womens shirt and see the cleavage, Seriously? There is enough of that kinda crap going on to sell cars and other things.

— End quote

I also don’t like a hairy chested half-naked man cuddling a baby for the photoshoot! Love the baby held in someone’s arms (male or female), but not against a hairy chest or belly!

— Begin quote from “pia”

— Begin quote from “Debora Jenkins”

I think you all covered the bases. I am not prefect and won’t claim to be. I am trying to get better. I had the child who would drop in his tracks and be sound asleep. If I had a penny for every time he fell asleep on his knees with a toy in his hand and I had to catch him before he face planted the floor I would be rich. I also hate those pictures where you can see down womens shirt and see the cleavage, Seriously? There is enough of that kinda crap going on to sell cars and other things.

— End quote

I also don’t like a hairy chested half-naked man cuddling a baby for the photoshoot! Love the baby held in someone’s arms (male or female), but not against a hairy chest or belly!

— End quote

Ewwwww (unless it’s Brad Pitt, maybe. But it never is )

Another major peeve is when people put in their listing their whole life story, and millions of her conditions, and only then put few facts about the baby, or what ever they are selling. Recently I was looking at several different lots of mohair from one seller; I wanted to know description of the colour, length, if it is kid, yearling or adult etc. But she has this long scroller about herself, and hardly any info about the mohair. To get to the one line of relating to the item, you need to scroll through everything. I ended up just looking elsewhere.

Here are my pet peeves:

Auctions that show baby with paci in mouth on all photos. What are they hiding?
Auctions that show no close ups of baby’s face or baby.
Gunky thick eye glazing. UGH!
Heavy eyelashes
Pluggy rooted haired baby stated as micro rooted. If you have more than 2 hairs in the follicle your baby is NOT micro rooted. Say hand rooted.

— Begin quote from “ChristinasCreations”

Ouch Ladies When someone says bite you bite, lol I have learned a lot of things NOT to do just from reading this!! I am one of those that loves a paci in my reborns mouth. No wonder when I posted a picture of my baby with her paci someone asked (very politely) if I had any pictures without the paci. Now I know you wanted to scream at me and say TAKE THAT PACI OUT OF HER MOUTH!! I have learned my lesson, lol. I just posted a picture of my Baby Elsie in the show case WITHOUT her paci Yay me!!!

— End quote

I love photos with a paci - I think what is being said is that you need to post a picture without it too so that the mouth and lips are visible and it doesn’t look like you are hiding something.

— Begin quote from “pia”

Ouch Ladies When someone says bite you bite, lol I have learned a lot of things NOT to do just from reading this!! I am one of those that loves a paci in my reborns mouth. No wonder when I posted a picture of my baby with her paci someone asked (very politely) if I had any pictures without the paci. Now I know you wanted to scream at me and say TAKE THAT PACI OUT OF HER MOUTH!! I have learned my lesson, lol. I just posted a picture of my Baby Elsie in the show case WITHOUT her paci Yay me!!!

— End quote

I love photos with a paci - I think what is being said is that you need to post a picture without it too so that the mouth and lips are visible and it doesn’t look like you are hiding something.

— End quote

I agree with Pia, one photo of pacifier is all you really need - the other photos in the shoot should focus on details like hair, nails, mottling, or other features that make your baby unique. I also try to include a full body shot showing the doll in soft body so there can be no confusion about how it is made. I also use full body photos to showcase the reborn in different outfits that I send with the reborn.

No real “right” way to do these things, just helpful suggestions that work well. When I read comments or postings, I take them as education, not criticism. If people weren’t willing to offer help from their experience they wouldn’t bother responding to postings at all, so remember No bite, here just helpful hints.

— End quote

No bites here; I was referring mostly to auction pics that show newborn SLEEPING babies sitting straight up or being shown playing with toys, etc. I LOVE paci shots…it’s just that not more than 1 or 2 in an auction is necessary. We get it, the baby has a paci, move on, you know that sort of thing. Yada yada yada…not directed at anyone in particular.

I’ve enjoyed reading all the responses here ~ we all have something that bugs us & it’s kind of nice to discuss now and then.

for some reason my babies lips look really glossy in pictures so they tend to look fake.

— End quote

I also find that lips look more shiny in pics, so I do the final gloss on the lips and nails after I take photos.

While all my dolls are Genesis Heat Set paints, I do my glossing for lips & nails with air dry gloss - it’s not nearly as shiny and holds up just as well.

— Begin quote from “Ludmila”

for some reason my babies lips look really glossy in pictures so they tend to look fake.

— End quote

— End quote

I also find that lips look more shiny in pics, so I do the final gloss on the lips and nails after I take photos.

Oh gosh. I never thought about that. That is a really good idea. Thanks

— End quote

Oh, I meant to say I also use the air dry gloss

i use ghsp moist medium for my lips and nails … lips and nails aren’t naturally a shiny gloss… ntm i had issues with it peeling on some kits