Oh no, poor Jaxson

My first kit of the year, n I ruined him. I had done, 2 layers, veins n mottle. I know everyone recommend 265 for 8 min. I sometimes do 275 n 9 min. I put him on 275 for 9min . ( at least that’s what I thought I put it on) Which I have done with other kits n nothing happened. Guess I’ll pull out another kit to start on.

Did you turn it up too high by accident? That temp and time should not do that. I typically set my oven to around that temp and I bake for 10 minutes every time and I haven’t had that happen. Or was the heating element too close to him?

2 Likes

I use that setting a lot n never had a problem. I did 266 for 8 min n let him cool off. Then I flipped the limbs. I could have missed punched the numbers.

I’m just goons throw him to the side. But thank you for the tip.

Oh I’m sorry that happened :frowning:

1 Like

Thank you

I’d try to fix it too. If the head is a little messed up on top, it can be covered with hair. :two_hearts:

1 Like

Oh no!!! So awful when something like this happens! This happened to me one time on the final bake on a $125 kit.

2 Likes

I’d die.

So sorry for you!!!

1 Like

I’ve done this before so sorry.being it was a play doll I fixed the head and heavily rooted and you couldn’t tell. Heat the head and push it back out see what happens. Maybe pour boiling water into the head if there are no holes.

2 Likes

Wow, I would have been crushed n soooo hurt.

1 Like

Thank you

I’m ok with it. I should have paid attention to what I was setting it on. Last year, I completely melted a whole kit. Thank you

I follow ‘Reborn With Me’ tutorial instructions and do 250 F degrees, not 265.

1 Like

I also do 250 degrees

1 Like

The limbs look okay. I’d definitely push the dent out with washcloths and put it in boiling hot water for a few minutes. Just line the pan with a towel so the vinyl doesn’t touch the hot metal. That should reshape it once it’s cool.

3 Likes

Absolutely, it looks very much salvageable. But I would do any further baking with the head stuffed with poly fill.

1 Like

Do you bake with limbs touching? Just wondering, as I’ve been making sure mine didn’t touch and parts

1 Like

I am making sure that limbs and head are not touching. Just not sure if they need to be rotated facing up and down with alternate bakes. I think temperature is a temperature, does not matter which side is facing. I only baked twice after varnishing/ sealing per @jlesser recommendations with cooling down between 2 bakes…