New Theme Schedule for BB Monthly Baby Pageant

Beginning in May, we are changing how the MBP monthly themes are defined. Entries are accepted from the 1st through the 20th of each month and voting begins on the 21st - just like before. However, the winner that is announced on the 1st of the following month will actually be the winner for that new month. I know this sounds a bit confusing. This is, in part, because we want our winner to enjoy their winning status during the month for which the theme exists.

For example… July’s theme is “Born in the USA” but since the voting currently does not begin until July 20th (some time past July 4th, the basis of the theme) and the winner is not announced until August 1st, that theme no longer makes sense. Under the new schedule, entries for the July contest must be submitted by June 20th. Voting occurs from June 21st through June 30th. The winner of the July contest is announced on July 1st - in time to enjoy the “Born in the USA” theme for the whole month of July. Is it clearer now?

The themes for this year are:

… April – Easter Blessings and Bonnets (entries must be submitted by April 20th)
… May – omitted to allow for the new schedule
… June -– Great Apes (entries must be submitted by May 20th)
… July – Born in the USA (entries must be submitted by June 20th)
… August – Toddlers and Tiaras (entries must be submitted by July 20th)
… Sept – Fall and Fairies (entries must be submitted by August 20th)
… Oct -– Halloween/ Oh, You L’il Monster (entries must be submitted by September 20th)
… Nov -– Tiny Blessings (entries must be submitted by October 20th)
… Dec – Christmas Spirit (entries must be submitted by November 20th)
… Jan – Ring in the New Year (entries must be submitted by December 20th)

The Monthly Baby Pageant (MBP) is not sponsored by BB but instead, by several long-term members of this wonderful forum. BB’s only role is that of providing the platform on which we can learn from each other and encourage others to push the boundaries of their art. We firmly believe that competition is an incentive to each of us to do our best and improve our reborning skills and as such, have created this pageant to push the artist in each of us. Any and all concerns should be directed to the pageant hosts and not to Bountiful Baby. Good luck!

All active BB Forum members are encouraged to vote once for the baby who BEST fits all the following criteria:
… • Overall presentation: including outfit, posing, props, photography and theme
… • Painting - including nails, creases, lips, skin tones and mottling, if done
… • Hair: rooting, painted/rooted or bald if appropriate for the sculpt and overall look of the baby.

Monthly, the best over-all Baby Pageant winner will be announced and a logo will be sent to the winning Artist on the 1st of the following month which is the start of the next pageant’s month. The logo will be the same each month with an outside border depicting that month’s theme (for example: shamrocks for the March “Wee L’il Ones / Luck o’ the Irish” competition).

Here are the MBP rules:

• Only Active Forum Members can participate in the pageant (entering a baby and voting).
    … • Minimum posts: 150, of which at least 50 must be recent
    … • Must be currently posting at least 4 times a month

• For the purpose of this pageant, all babies entered must be Bountiful Baby sculpts.

• Each baby may only enter one monthly pageant - no redressing and re-entering as another baby in a later themed month.

• All photos must be kept anonymous. This gives everyone a fair shot at winning based on the merits of their doll and their presentation skills, not popularity.

… • Please, no Work In Progress (WIP) pictures are to be posted on the forum of your pageant baby.
… • Anyone discovered to have shilled for votes among other members will be automatically disqualified.

• Entry babies cannot be openly posted on any forum until after voting has ended (if you are receiving help or being tutored, private pictures to that one other member is allowed - but within reason)

• Eligible dolls for pageant: A recently reborned baby, toddler, twins, triplets or more in ONE photo.

• Entries for MBP will be accepted from the 1st to the 20th of each month only. Please do not wait until the last minute to submit your photos as there is a lot that the pageant hosts need to do to prepare the poll.

• On the 21st of the month, the new poll will open for voting.

• On the last day of the month, the poll will close and the winner for that month will be announced.

• To enter the pageant, you will need 4 High Resolution clear pictures (not blurry) with no identifying marks (No Nursery or Artist Names) to include the following:

… • A close up of your baby’s face
… • Rooting
… • Nails
… • Full body presentation

• There is a theme for each month; although not mandatory that your baby adhere to the theme, it would be fun to have that uniformity across all of the babies.

Please note that while you do not HAVE to follow the monthly theme, it adds to the fun and MAY help you win votes. Also, following the theme is of your own personal interpretation. For example: you may think the October theme “Oh, You L’il Monster” would be best depicted with your baby wearing a monster-themed outfit while someone else may choose to make a reborn Frankenstein or werewolf. Someone else may go in an entirely different direction and show off a badly behaving toddler! All three examples follow the theme!!!

The above information and the rules for the Monthly Baby Pageant have been developed after much discussion and consideration by the pageant hosts. Any questions and/or concerns should be directed toward one of the following:

Cher Simnitt … forum ID : Cher_Simnitt … email: whoopiecat@sbcglobal.netKim KasaKaitas … forum ID : kimomax … email: kmkmsbt@yahoo.comCarmen McNair … forum ID : mcnair6 … email: carmen@ourspecialplace.net

Good job ladies… this makes more sense to me too…

Bumping for someone with a question about the pageants…

Bumping up again… You only have 4 days to get your entries sent to Kim or Carmen for the April deadline… Anyone participating this time around???

I have three so far.

Kim has one more than last month… Not sure about how Carmen is fairing… Better get with it girls…

I only have two! Where are those babies???

Bump… this post keeps falling off so I am bumping up so we can get some more entries… Friday is the deadline!!

bump…

— Begin quote from “rose”

are wigs allowed??

— End quote

I don’t know if wigs are Ok. Send Carmen a PM and ask her??

Wigs—go for it. I know it says a picture of the rooting, painted hair or leaving it bald. It will be part of the judging. I don’t see why it would be an issue.

12 days to complete your Pageant Babies… so this is the “BUMP”…

June 20th is getting closer, ladies and gent. Two Advanced entries so far.

Just a note. Noticed someone posting about their baby not being eligble for the pageant because it wasn’t a BB sculpt but it isn’t in the main rules on the previous page. Thought you might want to add that to keep others from getting their hopes up. I make mostly BB babies - combination of price and being disappointed by a couple that I bought from other places. But there are those who might need to know about that stipulation. Thanks!

— Begin quote from “djjessie228”

Just a note. Noticed someone posting about their baby not being eligble for the pageant because it wasn’t a BB sculpt but it isn’t in the main rules on the previous page. Thought you might want to add that to keep others from getting their hopes up. I make mostly BB babies - combination of price and being disappointed by a couple that I bought from other places. But there are those who might need to know about that stipulation. Thanks!

— End quote

It is in the rules that start this thread. You probably just overlooked it.

Oops! I didn’t see it even after reading it twice. One of those days! Sorry.

I keep forgetting until its like the day before!!

Probably a dumb question But can you enter one in each?? I am by no means advanced but I was not sure if I could still enter 2 different babies one in each?? If not it is no problem at all!

One entry per person. You place yourself in the category where you feel your skills are. If you feel you are on the borderline, perhaps try the Advanced and see how you compare.

Rowan is a BB sculpt, so qualifies for entry.

If you are entering a baby in the Advanced category, I would appreciate entries by midnight central time. Hope you make it. There are 5 Advanced entries so far.

Midnight tomorrow.