New project

I got this Ashton Drake doll, hanging out with Hannah, second hand pretty cheaply. She’s got an… interesting… look. I saw her and knew I had to turn her into a creepy alternative. :rofl:
I’m think maybe a zombie or some kind of demon and having her tag along with me on Halloween.

So far I’ve brushed out half her hair. The rest is still tangled up.

One of her hands is seriously discolored. Kind of a blue/grey color. Perfect for a zombie, but not a great starting point for painting. I’ve found some good tips on how to get rid of it, so I’ll be trying that soon.

14 Likes

Just brushing out the hair lengthed it by alot! Looking forward to updates.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Cool project! She’s definitely got a creepy vibe going already- I can’t wait to see what you do with her!

1 Like

Great find! Is she vinyl or porcelain?

1 Like

She’d be cool done as Carrie !

2 Likes

It was so twisted up! It’s currently a bit heavy due to the fabric softener in there, so it may bounce up a bit more once that’s washed out, but it definitely looks and feels way better like this.

Yeah, I definitely bought her for the creepy factor.

She’s vinyl! So I can use the same techniques I use for my reborns. :slight_smile:

Good idea! I’ll keep that in mind!

1 Like

She’s gorgeous! How much was she and where did you find her??? Great find!

1 Like

I found her on a Dutch website where you can sell secondhand items. She was €30.

1 Like

Wow! I’m thinking that was a super good deal

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I thought too! And the stuff that’s ‘wrong’ with her are all easy fixes for dolly people.

1 Like

I’m looking forward to seeing what you create with her

1 Like

She would be beautiful with deep skin tones, not sure if that is a wig but I imagine natural hair, lots of texture some light brown eyes. She is pretty cool, I would totally love to paint her. I am not a big fan of alternative scary dolls, I appreciate the artistry but I frighten easily, still afraid of the dark. Great find.

1 Like

I keep going back to this post to look at the discolored hand. It does have a lovely dead quality about it. :skull_and_crossbones:

1 Like

Her hair is a wig, yes. I plan to remove it to paint her. Maybe you can find one second hand as well?

Haha, absolutely! I just wish the rest had a similar color. But unfortunately it’s only that one hand.