New prices and cart

I just wanted to put this out there…

I had Genesis and a Newborn Eliza in my shopping cart on Friday and wanted to say that it is just way too aggravating that the price was changed at the second right before I hit the authorize my CC to be charged Friday morning - she was only $29.99 and went up to $34.99, so I stopped and thunk for a while and went through the budget, talked to DH and went to go through with the transaction Sat morning only for her to go up to $39.99. So I think it is not fair at all for a price to change on you if you get that far, I think if the prices are going to change maybe it should be done at maybe midnight BB time, and have it noted somewhere in the policies how sales run, or maybe instead of sales per say, do coupon codes good on certain kits good for a certain amount of time.

Oh, I’m sorry this happened. I’ve learned that when i see a kit i want on sale i have to get it right away before it’s gone or not on sale anymore. And dont put it in my cart and walk away from my computer for a few minutes cause it wont be there when i come back and check out.

Karen

yep it stinks i already couldnt afford this hobby as it was lol… did the bigger eliza come out?

i know i already cant afford to do this especially when i sell my dolls at 175-200 a piece

I would have been right there with you, but I signed up just yesterday? Or Friday?

Anyway, that is what I am saying, I am not really the most ticked off about the raise in price in general, I mean I don’t like it but, after I put a kit in my cart I should get the price that it was added to the cart, not a jolt when I go to approve the amount charging to my card and it is WAY different then when I started my checkout.

I noticed the price increase and i dont know how to respond except instead of buying two kits i can only get one maybe twice a month if i’m lucky. I was thinking bout all who do custom orders how this will effect you. I knoe B.B. has the best prices but than again they could have told us that this was going to happen so we would have been prepaired. I am also woundering if they are going to raise the prices on the supplies. I think tonight i will be doing some research with others.

Karen

— Begin quote from “Lunchlady”

— Begin quote from “Mayberrybabies”

Anyway, that is what I am saying, I am not really the most ticked off about the raise in price in general, I mean I don’t like it but, after I put a kit in my cart I should get the price that it was added to the cart, not a jolt when I go to approve the amount charging to my card and it is WAY different then when I started my checkout.

— End quote

That’s just not right.
Maybe the price are being hiked up for now, So that they can have a “big sale” and make us all feel good?
Of course the sale will be the price that the kit USED to be before the hike. For the prices to rise 3 times in less than 2 weeks, that’s horrible.

— End quote

thats what i was thinking

Well, I have to say, ladies, that I don’t think they really raised the prices as much as they went back to what they used to be. Most kits, on average, used to be about $40. Many of you are fairly new and have been able to be here with all the great pricing going on. I always planned to spend about $40 for a kit. The smaller ones were a little less. I am also thinking that vinyl is an oil-based product. As oil goes up, so does the cost of production. I agree that they should have mentioned this, but hopefully BB will respond in someway to peoples’ concerns.

Part of what has happened, I believe, is that the new shipments were higher in price than was originally thought. In every contract with a supplier there is a clause that lets the supplier recoup their costs of something goes up in price. For instance a few months ago coppoer went thru the roof almost over night. Suppliers making radiators for cars had to back peddle big time to be able to remain solvent and stable.
I was in line getting gas at Sam’s Club about a year ago and had almost finished pumping my gas when the pumps all stopped and a new price rang up that was more than 25 cents a gallon than before I began pumping!!! Let me tell you I was hot to trot and I ended up paying the original amount…a lot of others didn’t want to take the time. But I was filling double tank work truck for my son and my being adamant saved him more than 30 dollars in the end!
I just wish that I didn’t always feel like I was on the verge of being the victim of theft when I see a price and then want some accessories to go with it and then find that the kit is now double the price. I am getting way gun shy from purchasing here anymore.
joy

I will continue to purchase here rather than from people who charge $109 out of greed and do nothing for their customers. BB quality is just as good as so called “designer” kits. I think we got too accustomed to their generosity.

I am one that purchases the 109.00 kits, the artists are better in my opinion. Their vinyl is better in my opinion too. You can’t get any better baby then an Adrie Stoete sculpt. Its all my opinion though.
I personally don’t care for they greyish new vinyl from BB. I do like some of the other kits though & most likely will still purchase from them. They are cheap! I also wouldn’t like it if I had the item in my cart & the price changed, I would have called them up! Thats not fair! That would be like standing in line at the cash register & all of a sudden the price changes! Complain about that!

I tried to call, but some days getting the phone answered is like pulling teeth. I thought since it was a holiday weekend that nobody was there. I found the kit I wanted from another reborn artist.

Yes, I was looking at the new Holly, but she is just as pricey

— Begin quote from “huskergal”

— Begin quote from “kimomax”

I will continue to purchase here rather than from people who charge $109 out of greed and do nothing for their customers. BB quality is just as good as so called “designer” kits. I think we got too accustomed to their generosity.

— End quote

I agree. The customer service of bbs is unbelievably wonderful. I won’t order from another site because I’m so leery of what their kits will come like. I know what to expect from BB and that is important.

— End quote

I agree with what you girls are saying I will still shop here they are still cheaper but I mean I think any company would realize that some customers would be upset, of course they would you know, especially since we were all expecting a black Friday sale and instead it was price raises from ten and up. I don’t think bb finds us to be unreasonable for voicing our opinions, I mean of course they know that people aren’t going to be happy but we are just ten girls you know and that’s how business works. So I am sure they knew we’d be talking about it n it sucks but what can you do I guess you know. And about the cart thing I’ve had stuff sitting in my cart and it does change because I’ve had stuff sitting in my cart for weeks and if they could save prices in the cart I would put All the seconds kits in there but when it’s on the cart it’s not like on reserve so I see what u r saying but it doesn’t go like that I think

I’ve put kits in the cart and gone back to get a body, or plugs and had the price jump that fast – or worse, the item disappears. It is not reserving them, and I personally don’t put anything there for keeps - when I put them in the cart, I intend to buy them at the time. It is just a bit confusing when the item goes in for one price, and at checkout time it changes. I DO agree with you regarding safe ordering and consistent service and product quality from BB and will continue to order regardless.

Right, no, I get that, but for it to jump after the checkout has started, AKA when you approve the amount charged to your card, after you approve the cart, address, and stuff. I only waited cause I was told by a representative ON THE PHONE Wednesday that they would have a black Friday sale, so I held off buying newborn Eliza for 2 days, only to have the price go up at the “your card will be charged $XX.XX”. And then got no answer on the phone Friday to complain. I just wish someone from BB would jump in here and explain.

I just have one thing to say (OK maybe a few things LOL)I love BB and Love their kits and service and Yes even their prices ,because they are every bit as good as any of the Stote, woshenbunker ???,DD.RDK (EWWWWW),Irr -tables ,or any other kits I have gotten (sorry I just do not see any difference at all)
Now having said that -I am all over a sale from BB and hope that we will see a few comming up (cant blame a girl for looking for a bargan !!!)LOL

Ditto Tammy