New Nursery!

I LOVE my hubby! Long story, short…my mom will be moving in with us next month and she’ll have the second and third bedrooms. The bathroom is next to them so it will be like a small apartment for her. The bad news is that my nursery was in one of those rooms. The good news is that my hubby INSISTED on re-doing our “office” area into the new nursery. He even went out and purchased storage bins for me. Gotta’ love him!!

The painting, sewing and baking and storage areas have been set up. The picture-taking area with the cradle and changing table will be set up after we re-located the dog crates. That will happen after my mom’s rooms are painted. We’re having a family painting party this weekend. Next week, my new nursery will be mostly finished.

There’s still some leftover office items that will be relocated but that’ll happen soon. My hubby came up with the idea to remove the top shelf of two shelf units and put a rod in so I can hang some clothes. :heart_eyes:

The room is an L-shape with the desk in the larger part. The dog crates are in the other section. I do have the side-by-side shelf units in that area as well as a shelf unit with bins.

Here’s pics of where it’s at now.

13 Likes

Hubby’s can be wonderful. You are so fortunate to have one that understands your passion for reborns.

2 Likes

He’s a keeper, for sure! AND…I bet your Mom is sooooo excited to be moving in with you!

1 Like

Amen!!

Yes, her excitement is growing. Some days she’s apprehensive but it’s because she doesn’t want to be in our way. I reassure her and she’s fine, again. I think she’ll love snuggling on the babies. :wink:

1 Like

Your nursery is so awesome!!! My husband said when we moved I could have a bedroom for my own nursery. Lol well, it’s mostly his storage closet with a corner fur my desk. I’m am trying to commandeer the closet. :baby:t2:

1 Like

Oh Boy, I can’t even imagine the work you have ahead of you but you’ll get it all done and have a new roommate to enjoy as well. Maybe Mom will want to join you in reborning? Keep that Hubby, you are very lucky that he recognizes your need to have “your thing” and is willing to help you get it all to a workable level. Good luck on all you have facing you. Enjoy your Mom!!!

I hope you get more space. Let us know how that goes! :smile:

[quote=“lynn, post:6, topic:25894, full:true”]
Oh Boy, I can’t even imagine the work you have ahead of you but you’ll get it all done and have a new roommate to enjoy as well. Maybe Mom will want to join you in reborning? Keep that Hubby, you are very lucky that he recognizes your need to have “your thing” and is willing to help you get it all to a workable level. Good luck on all you have facing you. Enjoy your Mom!!!
[/quote]Thanks, Lynn! My mom may help dressing them but I can’t imagine her painting and certainly NOT rooting. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lololol if my mom was here I would make her root. I told her slave labor… Maybe that’s why she won’t visit? She blames the mom visits on the heat here. Hmmmm…

3 Likes

Bless you Amy, for taking in your mother with such care and love. It takes special people to take care of our older family members in these times. You have a special hubby to be so considerate of you and your mom. I hope you have your reborning room up and running in no time.

3 Likes

@otterbaby2 Diane, my dad passed this time last year and my mom has been on the decline. Mostly because she’s quite often too tired to fix a meal. When she doesn’t eat, she can’t take her meds. She didn’t really want to move but realizes she really needs the help. My hubby was all for it, thankfully. :smile:

@anon77773884 Simone, that’s actually a fan to help cool the parts after baking. I’ve heard the warnings of baking inside but the room I was baking in before was a 10x10 room. This room is open and is much more ventilated.

1 Like

I bake in my kitchen… Only place I have lol

1 Like

That is awesome!!! What a nice Hubby you have!!

1 Like

Amy that is so awesome! Bob is always telling people about my babies too. Maybe someday I will have space for a “nursery”. Yours will be awesome once it is completed. And so wonderful that your mom can move in with you.

1 Like

Enjoy your new space. Nice hubby! :smile: And enjoy your time with your mom. The years pass so fast…

My mom moved in with us after her husband passed but decided she really didn’t like the big city and moved back to her small town. I think not having her independence like she had before was hard for her as she didn’t drive over here (a lot more traffic) and she didn’t know her way around and felt it would take too long to learn. She moved back after 5 months and got another apartment… I think she is finding it harder now but still doesn’t want to move here. And she has a heart condition (2 attacks)… I understand but I worry. :disappointed:

2 Likes

Amy, if you take down the picture and get a couple of extra deep curtain rods (the kind you can put another rod under) you could hang your baby clothes on the wall.

1 Like

@colee1970, @MoonlitNightNursery, @bebe, @jeanhai

Thank you, ladies! Yes, my hubby is definitely a “keeper”. :wink: Mandy, I hope you can get a larger space quickly. Bebe, I hope my mom will stay. She’s been hospitalized twice recently for NOT eating. Groannn… My brother and I don’t know what to do. We worry about her all the time.

What a great idea, Jean! That picture will definitely be coming down but I hadn’t thought about the deep curtain rods. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Amazing baby making area. I reborn in my living room, giant window with baby doll legs and arms up on the stand…my neighbors must be nervous about me :wink:

3 Likes

LOL! I can see them discreetly trying to get a better look as they walk by. :wink:

3 Likes

@Denise1988 YESSSSSSSSSSSssss that’s exactly what I do LOL.

2 Likes

Sounds like it’ll be lots of fun!

1 Like