**NEW** Newbie Traveling Pants Box Discussion - Restart!

They aren’t doing another newbie box. They have tried it twice and both times it didn’t go too well. If I remember correctly, the requirements for the traveling pants box are to be an active forum member in good standing for at least 12 months, to be prepared to pay shipping and to be able to send out the box in a timely manner.

1 Like

Ashley wrote this 2 days ago.

Yes, the newbie box is over. I’m going to put together another box and start a second regular box because there has been so much interest in the other box. The newbies who participated in the newbie box and got the box out in a timely manner will be able to sign up if they want, but otherwise the regular requirements will apply.

3 Likes

Thanks, I appreciate you answering. Well I have quite a wait then.

1 Like

My pleasure. I have a ways to go yet myself. The time passes pretty quickly though. Plus there are lots of really helpful posts and friendly people to talk to.

1 Like

@Phassell all these months later and I finally got to use this adorable little outfit you put in the box. :heart_eyes:

13 Likes

Oh she is adorable! I am glad you were able to use it.! I had so much fun doing the box. I would love to do it again soon

1 Like

I miss the box. Will it be on the move soon?

1 Like

I don’t know. @ashleyfox98 hasn’t been on in a while. Hopefully she’s okay. I don’t remember when the surrogate baby was due, but it seems like it should be soon.

2 Likes

Pam, did you make that? If so I need another one eventually. I had it in mind for Lilli Marlaine. But it’s too small for her and it looked adorable on Tobiah. So now I’m back to square one with Lilli Marlaine.

2 Likes

Yes I made it!

1 Like

She is well. (at least assuming from her facebook posts)

4 Likes

I loooooove it!!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I believe Ashley scrapped the idea of a newbie box, as there have been so many mishaps. Although I would love to see a regular traveling box make its way around again soon, now that I’m almost old enough to participate. lol

I believe she was starting the surrogate meds back around maybe Oct-Nov, so hopefully all is going smoothly. I do know that the second daughter she was collecting items for was due in February though. I hope that they are all doing well.

1 Like

She scrapped the newby box. But those of us who participated well graduated to the regular box. :wink:
I believe you’re right about the baby time frame. It seems like the surrogate baby was due about a month or so after the teenager’s baby. Whatever the case, Ashley surely doesn’t have time for fake babies. She’s busy with real babies. :heart:

4 Likes

She looks so sweet. Look at her little belly poking out lol

2 Likes

That belly plate needs some ties at the bottom. It only has holes under the arms and on the shoulders. The way it is, her belly sticks out. She’s been eating too many cookies apparently. :wink:

3 Likes

The box was sent back to Ashley ages ago. If she comes back, hopefully she will start it back up😀

2 Likes

I hope she’s ok. Tobiah is so darling!

2 Likes

I’m here with a long overdue update.

First, I apologize for being away for so long. I began my first round of surrogacy meds in October (I think) and lucky me, they changed my estrogen shots to estrogen pills. As I went through the process, getting my body ready for the embryo transfer, working full-time, helping my honorary daughter prepare for a baby, and all that is my normal, crazy life, I started to feel… not myself.

I’m usually a happy, upbeat person but I found myself slowly having more bad days than good days, and then just having all bad days. I couldn’t find happiness anywhere. Even reborning just added more stress, and that was my favorite hobby! I didn’t have the energy to create, and that frustrated me even more.

The surrogacy meds didn’t have the desired effect, so I was told to sop everything, wait a month, and then start all over, which I did. The embryo transfer happened, but it didn’t result in a pregnancy. It was during that second med cycle than I connected the dots and realized that the only thing different about these meds was the estrogen pills, in the past I had always had shots. What an epiphany! I talked to my nurse, and I told her very honestly that between the mood swings, panic attacks, and suicidal thoughts, I either needed to switch from pills back to shots or else I need to put surrogacy on hold and seek some intensive psychiatric treatment. I was at a point where I would just randomly start sobbing at work for absolutely no reason, and I was scared.

My Dr. agreed to switch my pills to shots. I finished my first med cycle, transferred the embryo, and I’ve had 3 positive blood hcg tests! I have an early ultrasound scheduled on Tuesday to see if there is a heartbeat!

My daughter gave birth just hours before Valentine’s day to a 10lb, 2oz baby boy. She’s living with her boyfriend and his family about an hour away, but we got to visit just a few days after delivery. I’m a Nana now!

Everything is settling back into place with my life, and I’m slowly getting back to normal. :slight_smile:

20 Likes