**NEW** Newbie Traveling Pants Box Discussion - Restart!

Shower time. I’m still freaking out about the other bugs. I kept lifting the matress looking for bugs with a flashlight. I got touched with any fuzz I jumped.

2 Likes

Got into ants a few weeks back while mowing and weeding the flowerbed. The scabs and itching is still there. It takes months for them to go away.:tired_face:

2 Likes

I have scars from 3 years ago when we were in the southwest. They ate me alive. Between them and the junebugs jumping in my face, I stayed inside!

1 Like

My youngest son used to get huge welps from mosquito bites. It was so hard to keep him from getting bit. But by the time he was about 6, he built up a tolerance. Now he’s 8 and a mosquito bite is no big deal for him. So yes, you can build up a tolerance.

2 Likes

Yeah, here in the south, there’s no escaping the mosquitos and June bugs. :grimacing:

1 Like

My friend’s child got huge whelps on her face during summer. They live on the beach and there’s no escape from mosquitoes. Yay I have a tolerance to their bites, and I’m old haha.

Why are June bugs such a pain in the tuchus?

I’m 47 and still waiting…lol. I have mosquito zappers outside and the traps inside. It really has helped to eliminate them. We are having a wet and humid day. At dusk, they are going to be terrible. If I have to go outside, I crack the door just enough to get out and back in. I live in fear of those monsters. I have good reason since they are the deadliest animal on the planet.
As small as it is though, it is also the deadliest. It has been estimated that mosquitoes transmit diseases to almost 700 million people annually resulting in 2 to 3 million deaths every year.

2 Likes

My son is allergic to mosquitoes and it turns into Celulitis. Hot to the touch, hard, swollen, etc. If I dont catch it in time and he scratches it, it gets bad and he has to go on antibiotics. The last 3 times he didnt get it. The swelling went down on its own the next day.
I need to get repelling bracelets or something for him. Their bus stop has lots. :frowning:

3 Likes

Purification essential oil by young living is what we use as insect repellent. There are lots of essential oils that repel insects.

2 Likes

That is terrible.:anguished:

I put some glass beads in mason jars and scented them with Citronella oil that I bought from Amazon. I put them beside my exterior doors, as well as on my nightstand. I have dreams of dusting with Pledge all night.:grin:

3 Likes

Hey @Theara were you able to get the box shipped back out to @ashleyfox98 today?

1 Like

I thought the tsetse fly was more deadly?

No! I can’t until morning. I’ll update with a tracking number in the morning. I think I’ve also earned a Michael’s run hehe!

4 Likes

Thanks for letting me know, and Michael’s sounds like a good plan :+1:

You’re welcome! I’m going to take a nap and then head out. I didn’t sleep much last night. I have chronic insomnia from nerve damage and other related reasons. Yes I need some art therapy. This has been very intense. I wish I could have used some of the items from the box. It’s too risky.

4 Likes

It just got shipped! I took Liam and put a kit in the box.

4 Likes

That box needs a small loan to ship it. :grimacing:Sorry you didn’t get to enjoy it like we did. :confused:

2 Likes

Good deal, at least you got to participate… Somewhat. Where’s your picture girl?? Lol

1 Like

I almost passed out when she said it was 56 dollars! I’m sad too. It’s not a lot to ship for 50 if I’d gotten to get something out. I got Liam only because he’s vinyl and I can wash him in hot water.

2 Likes