**NEW** Newbie Traveling Pants Box Discussion - Restart!

Poor me too. I’ve seen some things!

scared_cat_0

They’re cheap and don’t want to pay for the added water and electricity usage. In winter, we have cold days. The water gets ice cold and there’s no heat.

1 Like

Dang girl!! Sounds like you need to find a new place to live!!! Lol

1 Like

Put in a pillow case first and tie it really good. They shouldn’t get loose in the dryer.

2 Likes

I would but it’s cheap rent. I’m trying to find something before the kids are too old. I want them back in the suburbs or the countryside.

2 Likes

The could work, and I guess dead bugs in the dryer would be better than live bugs anywhere else. :+1:

4 Likes

I hear ya!!

1 Like

Holy cow. After reading through all of this I feel bad, but I’m starting to think twice about doing a Canadian box. Theft, lying, and BUGS??? Bugs are more than I can handle. Bugs are a no. No bugs. No. No.

I live in a basement that had been uninhabitated for a month or two and the first few nights we would find spiders and earwigs in the bed. It made me absolutely sick. Then just a month or so ago I rolled over in bed and found myself face to face with a spider the size of my thumb.

No bugs.

Seriously though, I thought up methods of theft prevention. There is, however, no “bug prevention.” So sorry this is happening to you folks.

6 Likes

We are country folk. I would actually feel much more comfortable feeding my kids home raised chickens. We have a freezer full of home raised quail and one turkey, along with our home raised pork, and the other freezer full of nature raised deer venison. My shelves are full of home canned vegetables from our garden. The plan for all these chickens has always been to thin them out by sending them to freezer camp as they got older. But it’s hard to decide which ones to send to camp. So I send none. Yet. :grimacing:

4 Likes

Yes, farm animals sometimes suffer from lice and “scruff” aka dandruff. But lice can’t live too long away from the animal, so even raw mohair shouldn’t have live bugs in it. I only recall (dead) lice in one small batch out of the many many pounds of raw hair I’ve purchased. I choose not to work with it. Some fiber artists remove the gross stuff, but it’s a lot of work and frankly just not worth the time to me. If someone were to process buggy hair, there wouldn’t be a trace of it left after the many steps that go into making doll hair.

Bugs might be attracted to mohair though, just as they’re attracted to wool sweaters and other natural materials.

4 Likes

Thank you ma’am :slightly_smiling_face: I knew you would have some good info on that topic @Rainbowbabies.

2 Likes

Have a drawing except instead of a cruise they take a journey that’s one way? Yummy country food is the only food. I love texmex and Mexican food. I miss living in the southwest.

1 Like

Your box should be fine

2 Likes

Well my head is crawling from reading this but I just don’t see how those things could live inside a plastic bag.I blew the pictures up as large as I could and still could not tell what was in that bag.Fleas lay eggs also if they are alive so if it really is fleas ,they will hatch more fleas.If she had fleas or bedbugs,I think she would know from all the bites all over her.My husband worked for UPS freight before he became disabled and sometimes dead animals showed up in the trucks ,mice and other small creatures that carry fleas and I am sure some of the packages got fleas in them because he said sometimes when they were loading or unloading trucks ,they got bit.Yes he came home occasionally with bites all around his ankles.They must have been attracted to his socks or something.

Oh,I had to add this.A lady sent me a kit to paint and the box had stink bugs in it.This was some time back but that freaked me out.

They can ignore some people or the bites aren’t as itchy. It’s a something. That thing jumped at me and sometimes it’s more visible when I shake the bag.

1 Like

Your little boys are so cute @Katinafleming
@Theara I’m so sorry hun this is my worst nightmare.
@DollyPardon I had already planned on opening the box outside. I am OCD about germs and in the last year or so turned into bug ocd. I stopped going to movies, wont sit back on chairs at Dr offices. I feel like a crazy person but bedbugs are so scary.
@cajuncuties I had no idea (but a suspicion)that schools were that bad. Makes me glad I homeschool.

3 Likes

Around my socks are where fleas will get me, too. I went through a grassy area one time on my school campus and had several one me by the time I got to my classroom. I have also picked them up at stores where they let stray cats stay around.
My hubby rarely gets bitten by fleas or mosquitoes. They are highly attracted to me. I read that it is probably due to my blood type or that I secrete my blood type through my skin(something along that line). My daughter , granddaughter, and I all get huge whelps when they bite us.

3 Likes

I am whats for dinner tonight for the mosquitoes they have a watch outside my door and when I step out they signal the tribe they show up then in swarms with their bibs around their necks .
They use the insect repellent I might put on as gravy

8 Likes

I used to get huge whelpe from mosquito bites. Now I itch but I’m fine the next day. Is there a tolerance that builds to mosquitoes? I hate red ants. That pain and the itching is certainly a ring of you know where.

1 Like