**NEW** Newbie Traveling Pants Box Discussion - Restart!

Crossing my fingers :crossed_fingers: I sure hope it works out this time!!

3 Likes

The pictures I’ve seen of the box look a lot bigger than a flat rate box. Could the 4 kits that were added by @britt40478, clothing and all the other items even fit in one? A large flat rate box costs $18.90. This label says shipping was $35 and a scheduled delivery date of 9/28/2018. Sorry to be such a doubting Thomas but I’ll be skeptical until the box gets to @Theara and she sees what’s in it.

1 Like

She didn’t reprint a label so the date you are seeing is for the original label.

I think she’s saying she’s never used anything but flat rate til now. That’s why she doesn’t know how regular boxes work. And no, it wouldn’t all fit in a flat rate box.

2 Likes

Also, the box cost me $55 to ship. But I was sending it from Texas to Michigan. I don’t know how much of a cost difference the location makes. But she was able to ship it a whole lot cheaper, with 4 extra kits in it. (Don’t know how they fit. The box was already packed.) But maybe the distance did make $20 difference. If so. That’s a lot. I didn’t realize distance made that much difference.

2 Likes

I didn’t use a flat rate box this time, I said I’m used to using flat rate. I ended up putting 3 kits in and a bunch of clothes, but it did fit, it was just tight. It’s still the same box. The box was $35 for 25 pounds for me, and the price difference is probably because the distance is much smaller.

1 Like

I can ship to Utah for under $20 in a large 24x10x8 box and use the same size box and ship to say PA and it is over $40

2 Likes

I’m right next to the border of Pennsylvania, so her location is very close to me.

1 Like

25 pounds sounds legit. I think it was 22 pounds when it was here.

1 Like

Dang. That’s expensive! Are we trying to have peeps ship to people on the list that are nearest to them or anything? Just wonderin. :hugs::hugs:

Yes, I believe @ashleyfox98 set it up that way to keep shipping as low as possible. Still got a bit high though… :grimacing:

3 Likes

Yeah I imagine it does it’s all the rad stuff! Woooot! :tada:

3 Likes

I know, it’s totally worth it though!!!

4 Likes

Absolutely! I’m excited!

4 Likes

I don’t know how it’s set up. Texas to Michigan doesn’t sound close. I expected to be sending it somewhere in the middle. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Miss kitty and I are both in texas! So now you will have closer people :grinning:

3 Likes

Once I get everyone’s address, I map it all out and find the shortest distance from peson to person. Once I had 3 in the same state that were pretty close, but sometimes the next closest person isn’t really close at all. It just depends on who signs up and where they live. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

If I remember right whoever was supposed to be after me had something come up. I don’t think the distance was supposed to be so far originally.

2 Likes

For the record though, I’d pay $50 shipping any day for that box. It was so fun and worth every penny. Thanks for managing all of this Ashley! :heart:️️

9 Likes

Just the excitement of participating in this was definitely worth the $. Waiting to get the box and wondering what might be in it. Then going through all if the stuff and trying to decide just what to keep. It was so much fun. Thank you @ashleyfox98 for everything. And thank you to all who participated, followed the rules and made it posdible.

8 Likes