**NEW** Newbie Traveling Pants Box Discussion - Restart!

Did I say how excited I was!!! I’m after @Ledbetterlittles. Hope the box loses some weight :joy::sweat_smile:

5 Likes

So happy you are home, hope you are doing much better, was worried you wouldn’t be home to get your Reborn garage sale delivered right to your doorstep!

4 Likes

I had an appointmemt this afternoon, and although I can hardly walk right now- you bet your booty I went to my favorite spot to get boutique baby stuff :wink: I have a problem, lol, over $400 in stuff left with me.
Good thing the box will be here tomorrow!!! I have so many goodies

7 Likes

I can’t wait. Big box :package: coming soon. Waiting to see what you get.

2 Likes

I just keep remembering things I was going to put in the box. I’m ready for round 2 of the newby box already. But I need it to arrive at 10 pounds so it can leave at 20 pounds. It’s hard when it already arrives ripping at the seams. :grimacing:

6 Likes

I am going to be up all night sorting through my stash, plus what I got today so that I am ready tomorrow!! I am going to have to participate in every box because there is no way I can fit even a portion of my stuff in there lol. Plus I have like 20 or so kits that I am on the fence about keeping so… Even if I only add one or two each time it will take me at least 10 rounds :wink: And I have a shopping addiction- baby stuff and reborn supplies and kits so I have endless supplies of everything.
I had intended to open a shop before my health decided to be less than accommodating, so I have a stockpile in my office.

8 Likes

Wow I have the bare minimum supplies. I did order something things for the box. I got my fingers crossed for a Bonnie brown kit :joy:. Just kidding! In a minute there will be two boxes :package: moving for the newbie box

4 Likes

I know, now I feel bad! Isn’t this box just supposed to be trading things you have that you may just not be using? I don’t have THAT much stuff :grimacing:

2 Likes

Don’t feel bad! It can be either or both. No one is expected to buy anything for the box, but people can if they want to.

Before I hosted the box, when I first participated, I would order a kit, make the baby, buy clothing and accessories for that baby, and then sell it. Rinse and repeat. I didn’t have extra stuff. Now that I’ve been doing this for a while, I have kits that I bought that I never got around to, clothes that are precious but have been hanging in the closet for months, supplies that I never got around to using, etc. I don’t need to buy as much to participate. I still order extras of the things that I know are really popular or when I find a good deal, but that’s a choice, not a requirement. I also make crocheted blankets especially for the box because I enjoy making blankets, it’s easy for me, and people seem to like them.

I sincerely hope that no one feels obligated to buy things for the box. As long as the value going in equals the value coming out, I promise no one cares if you bought the items for the box or if you already had them. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Don’t feel bad. That’s what it’s aboit trading what you have. I had to purchase something’s as my supplies are limited

1 Like

This is exactly what I do. Buy the kit, body, make the baby buy clothes specifically for that baby and then sell the baby. I haven’t gotten to the point where I have extra supplies

1 Like

I’m like that too. I probably have only 10 kits total. Painting supplies I try to get extra when I can. @Nikkiroc came through for me bc she placed the purple in the box I never got around to purchasing. I loved participating bc there were so many items in there that were already on my buy list. I can’t wait to go again. Now every time I get for me I grab enough for box. @ashleyfox98 I definitely wanna be put on list again :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

@Ledbetterlittles can’t wait to see your picks😊

4 Likes

If you have $20 worth of stuff to add, you’re good. There are things in there of all price ranges. You can find plenty for $20. Or you can do like I did and trade over $100 worth of your own stuff for over $100 worth of stuff in the box and still not make a dent. :wink:

7 Likes

I didnt mean to make anyone feel bad :frowning: I only have the stuff I do because I planned to open a store and because my health got in the way of even painting. I have done nothing but shop for the last 6 months lol.

Seriously though, there is everything from toothpicks to high end kits and everything in between you can add. Extra cosmetic wedges, a handful of toothpicks, q-tips, water pipettes- all items you buy in bulk and can throw in a baggie to trade for another item. Those things will get chosen quickly because we all use those little helpers when painting lol. You can put some diapers in there, a onesie or two, a couple rooting needles… The possibilities are endless- What is cool is that we all use different brands of those little items, so it is fun to try them out!!
I am such a shut-in these days that I just am happy to have you ladies to interact with!! I enjoy sharing the fun little things I have found and also need to get rid of some of this stuff to make room to start painting!
I think I heard the mail man… Running, well hobbling lol, to the front door as we speak to check!!!

8 Likes

Fingers crossed!

1 Like

Tracking says it’s on your front porch. Did you get it? :grin:

5 Likes

I did!!! HOLY COW!!! This bad boy seems endless, you ladies have been feeding it well :wink: No wonder it was so heavy- there are multiple kits and miss @Katinafleming added a Texas sized load!!
I don’t even know where to begin, the only things I even want to pass on are the things of mine that are already in there haha haha
I will post pics as soon as I decide which are keepers (right after I drag these kiddos back inside from swimming)

8 Likes

There’s so much in there already with your name on it. I certainly didn’t feel guilty hogging anything you put in. I knew you were next and would make up for any of your stuff I took. :wink:

4 Likes

I was so worried that there wouldn’t be enough for you to pick from since you added your items up front, I’m glad to hear that there’s plenty! :slight_smile:

3 Likes