New kit Lennox. Huxley’s sister?

So I just saw this new kit. Not sure if it’s supposed to be related to Huxley, but the face looks the exact same except for a different expression

No disrespect to the sculptor, because she makes beautiful babies, but I don’t like this one. To me the only way it would look good was if it was an alternative

9 Likes

I dislike it as well. And yes supposed to by Huxley’s “twin”

6 Likes

I don’t even understand what is up with this one. Why would you sculpt something like this unless it was a portrait commission? Although it does cement for me the idea that Hux has DS or a similar condition.

5 Likes

Yes the baby does look like it has DS. I’m not sure what she was going for, but it’s definitely not a smile

2 Likes

I don’t think Huxley looks like a DS baby at all. With Lennox, I think it’s the deep nose creases and the under eye bags that are detracting from her cuteness. I think she could be cute with a little tweaking.

2 Likes

Here is a bigger pic of Lennox

2 Likes

Yeah not a fan. I feel as if I’m contradicting myself because normally I’m the one that like extremely expressive kits and I do believe this kit would be alright if the wrinkles above the nose wasn’t so pronounced.

2 Likes

I think she would be a great Alternative. (Hissing avatar/cougar/tiger/etc)

6 Likes

I think the kit might make a nice doll in the hands of the right artist… but it’s definitely not one of those kits where every version looks great.

All the photos in the sneak peek are of the same doll, and the only watermark on it is the MacPherson’s logo, so I wonder if quarantine is making it difficult to get a wide range of prototype artists like they normally would. A lot of the most well-known artists (such as Silvia Ezquerra, who did a prototype for Huxley) live overseas, right?

3 Likes

She may be part of the Huxley contest… whoever wins paints a prototype. Wondering if this is the kit they paint if they win?

2 Likes

Oh, maybe that’s it! That would mean that this version is just a cursory paint job. Such a heavily creased kit would probably look much better with deeper shading, and I think the hair/eyebrows are what throw me off the most.

I’d like to see the blank version of the kit. I say that for a lot of sculpts, but this one in particular!

(Edit: I went searching, and I think the sculptor may have painted these two herself)

2 Likes

I like seeing blank kits best. It’s hard for me to get my own vision from someone else’s work.

3 Likes

She looks like she is crying not laughing

4 Likes

Agreed! All I want in life are two things: blank kit photos, and pictures that show the sides and back of the head :joy:

4 Likes

Epicanthal folds, uptilted eyes, flattened nasal bridge…these are the things that made me see DS or mosaic Downs. I tweaked my Margret just a little bit and she looks like one of my DS students :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

That’s what I think too

1 Like

I do not like this kit, maybe it’ll grow on me if painted specifically but I don’t feel like it will, I normally love her work so I’m surprised about such a “mommy could only love” face

2 Likes

Yes, I also keep picturing fangs.

4 Likes

The blurry from a distance pic does remind me of ds.

1 Like

I like the dimple and the nose? The limbs are nice… this isn’t what I was expecting.

1 Like