New Jointed Leg Body

Question here regarding the new jointed leg Realborn body. I am going to make a precious gift and was wondering if he would fit on a jointed leg body made for the realborns? The body they are calling for precious gift is 10 inches neck to crotch but the jointed leg Realborn body is only 8 1/2 inches neck to crotch yet they are both made for a 19 - 20 inch baby. So what do you think? Would the New body work for Precious Gift???

Probably. She’d just be a little shorter.

It doesn’t cost much to try. Give it a go and let us know! I made Precious Gift awhile back and used the recommended body. I usually don’t like them, but she came out really nice with it, so if you have to go with the recommended one it’s not bad in her case. She looked so cute in a tutu with her little butt up in air. I still miss her.

2 Likes

Maybe I’ll get the new body and give it a try, like you said it only costs a little and maybe it will be really good. I believe I have the recommended body but was just thinking maybe the other one would make her cuter somehow. It’ll be a while before I get to the finished part since I haven’t started her yet. Thanks all.

2 Likes

It will make her cuter because it will fit properly.

1 Like

I just bought some of the new bodies…They are nicely made and nice quality bit I find them a little on the smaller side. That is just my personal opinion of course but they seem to be slimmer and more suited for the 19 inch babies. Others may have found it different for them depending on the kit…I love the front load bodies and use them on most all my dolls…

2 Likes

Me, too!

I’ve started using mostly front load bodies too because I don’t like the rotation on the jointed bodies.

You can tighten the joints so they don’t spin so easily. I don’t like that the leg caps show under the diaper.

1 Like

I didn’t know you could tighten them. I’ll be doing that from now on too. That’s two things I’ve learned today on here.