New & Improved Jewel, by Denise Pratt -- Available NOW!

I agree with the majority. I’m not ‘feeling’ this version of Jewel. Kind of disappointed, as I have been waiting for her to be ‘re-stocked’, bc I hadn’t painted her in the past. I don’t think I want to paint this new one :confused: :disappointed:

3 Likes

I hope this new version of Jewel sells really well for BB BUT please bring back the old Jewel in addition to this new one! She was perfect the way she was. Please bring her back.

1 Like

I’m starting wonder if I should go ahead a buy all the BB kits on my want list before they are improved (RUINED). I have old Jewel and two old Eastons. I love them. I would have been sooooooo upset if they were out of stock for a year or more, just to changed when no changes were needed. I tend to get BB kits whenever, because they are open edition (unless otherwise stated), but now feel the pressure on to stock up on the ones I really like before they do this again. :rage:

I don’t see why they won’t just leave well enough alone. If a kit is selling enough to sell out in the first place, then that means people like it the way it is!

4 Likes

Definitely would not have known this was Jewel but she is cute I think she will be adorable once they get some photos up of her painted. Looking forward to seeing a painted version…I do love the older kits and think they should offer both versions…maybe they are using their ‘Realborn’ scanner to try and make the proportions and detail more accurate and that is what is causing the changes in the appearance be so drastic because the first ones were hand sculpted without any ‘computerization’ involved??? :confused:

3 Likes

I agree have waited for three years to re order jewel and not what I expected . I loved her head!

2 Likes

I made the old one year ago and gave her to my niece thinking I would reoroer for myself then was never in stock. Was so excited to see she was going to be back. While she is cute I wanted the old one with her squashed head:-)

1 Like

Well put mai

The new one is cute it is just NOT Jewel. I’d love to have them both be available.

2 Likes

Perfectly said! Absolutely agree :smile:

I don’t care for the new one it doesn’t even look like the old one. I love the old one. Stop messing with the sculpts, please?

4 Likes

So true ,the smaller Easton, Elliot, and Grant, what do they just make these kits disappear. I don’t think re stocking should be reconfiguring.

1 Like

They did discontinue her,this sculpt looks nothing like the old one, it looks like Kimi,Blaze, etc they all are starting to look alike. Jewels head was beautiful as it was she had a personality not a sameness.They elongated the head and changed the nose , I don’t think it was improved,more detail was what I thought would happen not a totally different featured baby.

4 Likes