New Gabriel & Gena?

Has anybody here worked with the new Gabriel & Gena? Gabriel’s on sale for $16.98 and Gena’s on seconds, plus I’ve wanted them both for ages, but I was so disappointed with the new Scarlett that I’m not sure I want to take a chance (please note, shipping to Canada usually costs about $50 so I really like to make my BB orders worth my while). Any feedback would be very much appreciated.

I ordered the new Gabriel last night. I noticed from the photos of the new and old that Gabriel actually looks better and softer than before. I won’t know until I look at him but I like him better in the photo.
Mary

I have both coming and have reborned them both in the past. I’m looking forward to seeing the new versions. Will leave my thoughts once they both arrive. I do find this new vinyl easier to work with, though.

I am just hoping he is cute. I haven’t ordered him yet due to enough babies to reborn and questions about his eyes. It will be interesting to find out how everyone likes him. I just had a sister with family problems so am not going to catch this sale

All I can say is I have done the originals and I ordered them a while ago because I loved them and got the new ones as I obviously didn’t read any of the fine print saying they had been modified.
All I can say is I wish I read the fine print. NOT HAPPY with the changes at ALL! Same for scarlet… not happy!

I did the old ones and loved them - sorry to hear that the newer versions were a disappointment…sometimes its best to leave as they were I guess.

— Begin quote from “emeraldhillnursery”

All I can say is I have done the originals and I ordered them a while ago because I loved them and got the new ones as I obviously didn’t read any of the fine print saying they had been modified.
All I can say is I wish I read the fine print. NOT HAPPY with the changes at ALL! Same for scarlet… not happy!

— End quote

Well, that was my concern: I loved the old Scarlett, with her grumpy little face, and I took a chance on the new Scarlett (in seconds, thank goodness) and I was quite disappointed by the changes. I’m hoping that since I’ve never worked on Gena or Gabriel, I won’t have any previously-formed expectations, so I won’t be disappointed and can just like them for themselves.

For me, with the ever increasing postage to Australia & minimum i have to buy from BB, I have to be very careful what & how I order. Therefore I am waiting to see what everybody else will say before i buy anything.
But couple of weeks ago I ran out of 35mm plugs, and so I decided to order enough for all the 26 kits in my cupboard, and some extras. That came to some $50 plus $50 for postage. When the parcel arrived the 35mm plugs were not there! When I checked the invoice, they were not there either, and I realised that when in the last moment I decided to up the number of them I must have hit the DELETE instead of UPDATE! To order the 35mm, I had to spend at least $40, and so I took a deep breath and also bought the small eyed 2nds Lulu. This vinyl is a great improvement, hope I will be able to “fix” her eye.

— Begin quote from “Ludmila”

For me, with the ever increasing postage to Australia & minimum i have to buy from BB, I have to be very careful what & how I order. Therefore I am waiting to see what everybody else will say before i buy anything.
But couple of weeks ago I ran out of 35mm plugs, and so I decided to order enough for all the 26 kits in my cupboard, and some extras. That came to some $50 plus $50 for postage. When the parcel arrived the 35mm plugs were not there! When I checked the invoice, they were not there either, and I realised that when in the last moment I decided to up the number of them I must have hit the DELETE instead of UPDATE! To order the 35mm, I had to spend at least $40, and so I took a deep breath and also bought the small eyed 2nds Lulu. This vinyl is a great improvement, hope I will be able to “fix” her eye.

— End quote

That always happens to me! Our postage to Canada is usually between $45 & $65 and I always forget something that I desperately needed. I spend more time studying my BB shopping list than I ever spent studying for exams in school!

I don’t think they should have changed the faces

— Begin quote from “KatiePerry”

I don’t think they should have changed the faces

— End quote

I totally agree with you. I’m not so bothered by adding details to the hands & feet - especially to some of the more ‘dolly’ looking ones. But changing the faces seems like a bit of a mistake on their part. I was crushed when I received my new fat-cheeked Scarlett - especially since the old one looked so perfectly grumpy and out of sorts. Your new Holly also looks like she got the chipmunk-with-nuts-in-its-cheeks treatment and that smile just isn’t as sweet. I also wonder how the original artists feel about these changes? Obviously they don’t have a say in the matter, but it must hurt just a little to have their creations manipulated by a computer to make them ‘better’.