Deleted 11000000

Deleted deleted deleted

Yes, I would start over with the hair. Have you heat set it yet?

1 Like

No I havent i just wanted to get it complete if I’m honest. I find it really hard to keep my focus

1 Like

I would start over on the hair, making your hairs thinner if possible. I would also tone the milk bumps on and around the nose down, reducing the amount to about 10% of what you currently have. I would also make them much smaller, as babies have very tiny pores.

I like your skin tones. Keep up the practice, you’ll find yourself making lots of improvement over time.

2 Likes

I would start over as well. Try not to rush. Some dolls take months to finish.

4 Likes

I do try but I havent got the patience I find

I have found the perfect way to make realistic milk bumps. Dip a pin or toothpick in a jar of flesh colored heat set paint and dot on the nose and on the sides of the nose. Dont’s go crazy…just a small amount. I then gently blot with a cosmetic sponge and bake.

2 Likes

Maybe just try commiting to doing one or two steps of the project then setting it aside. Realize that in order to do it properly it’s going to take some time. Most people who learn to do this hobby really well aren’t working on it at a frantic pace. Make yourself take breaks and do other things between steps. It isn’t a race, you’ll still get it done eventually, and you’ll probably be happier with the outcome and more proud of your accomplishment. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Is this air dry? Or heat set? Last I remember you wanted to do air dry.

It is air dry unfortunately

What kind did you end up getting? I know how it is to be impatient but you can’t get any faster than air dry. Your skin complexion overall looks decent. Hair is very hard to master. For the time being just do bald dolls until you feel comfortable with general painting then add hair last. Maybe try pencil hair, you may have more control.

1 Like

I ended up getting golden paints. I sorta wish I got genesis now but I dont think I could afford to buy an oven too

You just need to stick to one thing. Your gonna frustrate yourself even more going back and forth. If you can wipe the hair off with alcohol 70% or greater try wiping with a cotton pad or a wipe. Do it lightly. If it doesn’t come off or the paint comes off with it, you will have to strip.

1 Like

Okay thank you