Needing help choosing bodies

I hope y’all aren’t getting sick of all my newbie questions yet. I’ve searched and gotten a lot of good information including that some artists use the full leg bodies for 3/4 leg dolls. I’m really wanting to try to use bodies for full legs if possible. I was hoping some of you may know if these kits can take the full leg bodies and not look odd. Also, can I use front loading body on a side loading leg if it’s a 3/4 leg and I’m using a full leg body? I hope I asked that correctly. :thinking:

Kate: 20” with 3/4 limbs

Sweetie: 21” with full arms 3/4 legs

Jaden: 21” with 3/4 limbs

2 Likes

Kate needs 3/4 legs. The other two will work with unjointed front loading bodies. Just make sure they’re front loading or they’ll look like they’re doing jumping jacks. If you use side loading legs on a front loading body they will ‘scissor’ and look very strange.

3 Likes

Thank you!

I have used a front load body with Kate and was satisfied with the results.

1 Like

Do you remember which one? Just a 20” 3/4 arms front loading legs?

@Leabelle I’m trying to switch some things up before I place the order. Just wanted you to see this.

It’s been a while, but I just picked one that was right for her given length.

1 Like

I just looked. She’s a 20" baby.

1 Like

I used the 3/4 arm full leg 19-20 inch realborn body on my Quinton who shares limbs with Kate.

1 Like

Do you have detailed pictures of your limbs? Those things are driving me nuts.

How can a person tell the difference in a front loading body and any other kind? I have wondered this off and on for a while, so just thought I’d ask.

1 Like

I agree with @jeanhai, the last two can look ok on a front legs body but Kate I would choose a 3/4 legs. It’s kind of a preference, but they seem a bit short.

@Jacelyn5440, a side legs body is for the legs with tight (is it the word ?), like the realborns.

Front

Side

2 Likes

I don’t have them anymore, sorry. I reborned him like 4 years ago

1 Like

What do you mean by ‘tight’?

:clap:t3: :clap:t3: :clap:t3: thanks for asking this! I should have asked to be educated on this myself! :woman_facepalming:t2:

Thanks

Remember – I am a “Curious minds want to know” kind of girl! LOL

1 Like

Me too, my brain is like a sponge. I’m so freaking curious/nosy and want to know everything. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like
  • thighs
1 Like

The side loading bodies are for legs that are sculpted to where a hip joint would be. The opening is usually at an angle rather straight across.

1 Like