Needing advice from artists!

Hi everyone! For Christmas I am getting my second kit to paint. I’m super excited to start on Christmas but I leave on the 27th out of town. Will it be okay for my WIP doll to sit on my work table for 2 days, or should I wait to start once I get back. If I did leave the WIP home partially painted, is there a safe way to store the baby? Thank you, I’m literally panicking!

1 Like

I travel a lot. When I’m at the painting stage I tend not to travel with the kit I’m painting. I put my well dried parts into a plastic bin and wrap them up in a baby blanket. This is mostly because I have cats who like to get into everything! I’m mostly gone until the job is done. Maybe weeks or maybe months. I tend to have no problems when I return to finish the kit. But that’s just me.

1 Like

Ok thanks for the advice!

If I am not in the ‘painting stage’ I just cover the parts with a receiving blanket, that’s it.

2 Likes

I let my wip dry thoroughly, then lay them on a white receiving blanket on my painting table and cover with a plastic tub.

2 Likes

I leave mine out all the time. I cover my paints but not the kits. If they have sat for a day or two, I usually take a big makeup brush to dust them off before beginning painting again.

5 Likes

Are you using air dry paints or heat set?

I do like @Kate

2 Likes

I sometimes do not get back to painting for weeks; I just throw something over the parts to stop them from getting dusty. I also cover the paints in the dishes and on my palette.

1 Like

Heatset

They’ll be fine, just leave them sitting on your table and cover them with a plastic tub of some kind to keep the dust off. No worries!

1 Like