My version of Phoenix

Hi everyone, I pray everyone is well. It’s a madhouse here in Nashville, Tn. But in the midst of it all I wanted to share a few quick pictures from my phone of Phoenix that I made for my aunt. I hope you like him, and please be brutally honest, that’s how I learn! Thanks in advance! Be safe everyone.

23 Likes

Oh my, he’s adorable! Love those happy babies!

2 Likes

What a cutie! I also love the expression of the baby in the top left of first photo :joy_cat:

1 Like

I think hes adorable and I LOVE red heads!

1 Like

He’s adorable :heart_eyes: you can’t help but smile looking at him

2 Likes

He is super-adorable and made me smile! I would say if there were two things to improve, first, I would cut down the length of the eyelashes to about half what they are now. Second, look at pictures of babies and their hairlines. Most are not straight across at the front. Use the spyglass and look up rooting maps. They can also be used for painting hair so you can see the placement, direction and flow of the hair. I hope that helps a little. :blush:

3 Likes

I think he is so adorable!

1 Like

I love readheads and he so cute, however I would style his hair a little bit differently as his top mohair is curly, but painted hair is straight and seems like each of them live on their own.

1 Like

I don’t know if she was going for but my Best friend‘s son has curly hair and when it gets cut, it looks straight until it starts growing in again so I took it that the curly mohair is the longest part of his hair and the rest is cut down

1 Like

That would be Elijah by Jorja Pigott. He’s going to be my keeper, I fell in love with him the moment I saw him. I’ve been holding on to his sculpt for well over 2 years. So now is the perfect time!

Thank you for your honesty. This will definitely help me improve. Will cut down the eyelashes more.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your advice. This is what the customer requested tho. But I can see what you are saying. Improvements coming up!

1 Like

That is actually what my customer said to me and sent me a picture of it. This is what she wanted.

1 Like

Thank you everyone!

Ah yes! I was just looking at the sculpt a few days ago! Someone is selling one and I was considering it. Jorja makes some nice ethnic sculpted babies

1 Like

Most definitely becoming one of my favorite sculptors. I wanted another one but the mark up was higher than I wanted to pay.

That surely can be a make or break in a sell

1 Like

Absolutley!

I thought the same. It seems to be a style these days.

1 Like

Thanks for being open to suggestions. I really love him- he is so happy! :blush:

2 Likes