My Rowan -finally finished

Finally my Rowan is finished. I plan on listing him as “Nathan” b/c he reminds me of my brother when he was a baby.

here is a link to his album

What a cute little Rowan - he’s adorable! He’s just one that seems destined to be a boy and he looks great as a boy!

I’m falling in love with that serious little face! BTW, what color eyes and what brand did you use? And also what size clothes does that sculpt take? Seriously considering getting that kit…when I get a few of the ones I have done! That may be a while at the rate I’m going!

He is soooo stinkin’ cute! He looks like he could be a brother or cousin to Shyan. Beautiful baby!

So cute great job on him!

He’s adorable!! I love the eyes

So cute; you did a great job on him!

Wounderfully done. Perfect color eyes!

— Begin quote from “djjessie228”

I’m falling in love with that serious little face! BTW, what color eyes and what brand did you use? And also what size clothes does that sculpt take? Seriously considering getting that kit…when I get a few of the ones I have done! That may be a while at the rate I’m going!

— End quote

Thanks ladies for all the nice compliments. he was a lot of fun. He is wearing 3 to 6 month clothing.

— Begin quote from “djjessie228”

— End quote

He is sporting a 3/6 month outfit - he is a pretty big hunk of baby.

very well done!!! all of his coloring goes together perfectly. And yes HE is definitely all boy!!!

— Begin quote from “Windeec”

He is soooo stinkin’ cute! He looks like he could be a brother or cousin to Shyan. Beautiful baby!

— End quote

I love that idea of a brother for Shyann!

Beautiful baby, well done I love the eyes color.

I love his eyes! He is a cutie! Great work!

Nice painting job, nice rooting, great choice of hair color and eyes. Only, the eyes seem a little “off” or out of focus. Did you glue them in already?

Great color coordination on the hair, eyes, and complexion… Super cute little fellow…

— Begin quote from “Friki”

Nice painting job, nice rooting, great choice of hair color and eyes. Only, the eyes seem a little “off” or out of focus. Did you glue them in already?

— End quote

I originally tried to use glass eyes - that were too bit - and I cut the eyes pocket out completely - so the eyes are not glued in - but are not quite stable- I did notice one of his eyes are slightly off - I will eventually put him on ebay and make sure he is read carpet ready!!

— Begin quote from “prettybabydolls”

— Begin quote from “Friki”

— End quote

I originally tried to use glass eyes - that were too bit - and I cut the eyes pocket out completely - so the eyes are not glued in - but are not quite stable- I did notice one of his eyes are slightly off - I will eventually put him on ebay and make sure he is read carpet ready!!

— End quote

Haha, okay!
I’ve had troubles with only one baby so far, the size of the eyes was okay, but one kept “falling” down. Looked like the doll needed glasses. Some glue and a lot of polyfill in head helped keep it in place.

Anyway - I’m liking Rowan more and more each time I see some new work done on it

Rowan was one of those sculpts that just has so much potential. I always am hesitant on new sculpts - but this is one that i would do again in a new york minute. The vinyl was a nice neutral color and soft and my favorite part about this sculpt was the detailing in the limbs - very realistic - especially the hands and feet. My favorite limbs are the sophie and paisley pratt limbs - like with fat rolls and wrinkles abound. The feet and hands - when completely done - make you realize why people like to pretend bite on a babies little foot …lol. This is only the second J. Schenk sculpt I’ve done - and I loved it.

Okay - way too much information -I have total limb OCD. I just loved this big baby.

— Begin quote from “prettybabydolls”

Rowan was one of those sculpts that just has so much potential. I always am hesitant on new sculpts - but this is one that i would do again in a new york minute. The vinyl was a nice neutral color and soft and my favorite part about this sculpt was the detailing in the limbs - very realistic - especially the hands and feet. My favorite limbs are the sophie and paisley pratt limbs - like with fat rolls and wrinkles abound. The feet and hands - when completely done - make you realize why people like to pretend bite on a babies little foot …lol. This is only the second J. Schenk sculpt I’ve done - and I loved it.

Okay - way too much information -I have total limb OCD. I just loved this big baby.

— End quote

I share your enthusiasm with yummy limbs! Paisley’s feet are also my favorite. And I love big, fat dolls
I have J. Schenk’s Olive, can’t wait to start, it’s wonderfully detailed